An Alpha's Twisted Plan

Henry's pov

I really like Luna Joel. We've been talking about our lives while waiting for Alpha Devlin to return and the things he told me make me want to go out and destroy his whole pack. I mean wolves are supposed to stick together no matter what, yet his whole pack turns on him without even attempting to find out the truth! What's worse, his own brother  was the cause of everything that happened to him! It's not that I can't understand sibling rivalry, I understand it better than most people. I mean I truly do love my sister even though she's not the easiest person to get along with, but even she wouldn't go that far  . . . ok nevermind, forget everything I just said. Actually she and Luna Joel's brother would be perfect for each other. I shuddered at the thought.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah . . . actually I was thinking how my sister and your brother would be perfect for each other and it made me a little nervous."

"They would destroy all of wolfkind, wouldn't they?"

We both burst out laughing, the tension in the room fading slightly, until Luna Joel said something that caught me completely off guard.

"He killed my pup, you know."

"W-What?"

"My former mate . . . I decided to leave him and even after everything he did to me, he wanted me to just forgive and forget, like my feelings didn't matter. When I refused he used his Alpha strength to punch me in my stomach. I nearly died that day in the hospital and my third pup, well he never even got to take his first breath. What kind of monster would do something like that to an innocent pup?"

"Luna Joel, if I tell you this, you can't let it go any further than me and you . . . you can't even tell Alpha Devlin."

Luna Joel nodded his head and I took a deep breath, closing my eyes before I began.

"Alpha Charlie is . . . was my mate. A few years after Alpha Devlin left, I turned seventeen and was able to sense the mate bond between us . . . I was horrified, he was already mated to Alpha Devlin's mother, so when he came to me I refused  him. I should have rejected him right away, but instead I distanced myself from him, hoping he would move on. Then a few days after everything settled down, I went into heat. I was so terrified, no other male from any pack I know about has ever gone into heat, so I didn't have anyone I could ask. I hid out in the woods those several agonizing days to keep myself from going  to him, but in the end it didn't matter, he tracked me down and forced me to submit."

"He raped you?"

"No, that's the worst part, he used my body's inability to resist him to get what he wanted from me . . . after the first three days he had me begging for him to forgive me for refusing him and by the sixth day I was willing to forget he had a mate and wear his mark. It was only after my heat was over that I came back to my senses, but by then the damage had been done . . . as I lay in the woods recovering from the final effects of the heat, the Luna had been falsely accused of the very crime we'd committed, adultery and locked away awaiting execution. It was only my desperate agreement to mate with him that kept him from taking her life to get her out of the way. Instead he had her banished with the threat of death if she ever returned."

I waited for him to pull away from me in disgust or to mock me, bit instead he pulled me into a comforting hug.

"And he's been holding the threat of revealing the truth over your head this whole time, hasn't he?"

"After the Luna had been gone for a few days, I told him that I had no intention of being his mate. I expected him to become angry, but instead he laughed at me and told me I had no choice, that it was already out of my hands. I asked him to tell me what he meant and instead of answering, he placed a hand on my stomach and smirked at me as if he knew something I didn't."