Wedding Bell Blues pt 2

Joel's pov

Standing in front of the mirror, looking at the free flowing robe wrapped around me, I realize once again that I'm not ready for this. I know I agreed to do this to make the Alpha happy, but I'm not ready to be mated. I have so much that I want to do, so much that I'll never get to do if I go through with this. I turn to Joey who's sitting next to me with his eyes closed his head lowered in that oh so familiar way . . .  and I knew instantly that he was planning something. I opened my mouth to question him, but he shook his head and I closed it again. Smiling sadly, he struggled to his feet, wincing slightly and I instantly stood to help him.

"We should wait, you haven't even been out of the hospital for a full day yet."

"No, Joel . . . there's something I need to do and if we wait, my courage will waver. I want to do this for you while I still can."

"A-Alright."

"Come on, everyone is waiting."

I nodded even though I knew Joel couldn't see me and followed behind him. Now I know something's up, Joel hasn't wanted to do anything for me in a long time, it's usually something he wants to do to me. I have a bad feeling, but force myself to push aside my unease . . . even if I'm right and something terrible is going to happen, I know I still have to go through with this for the sake of my pups.

"Please rise."

Hearing the Alpha's voice, I hurry to the platform that the ceremony is taking place and stand beside Devlin.

"We have gathered together because these two couples have agreed to be tied together in a mating ceremony. Once they are mated, my son will take my place as Alpha of this pack, Joey Norris will be your new Luna and Joel Norris will leave with his mate, Devlin and join his pack."
There was murmuring through the crowd, but I tuned it out, shifting my attention to Devlin. He looked straight ahead, his face an emotionless mask. Did he even want to mate with me? Was he regretting his Alpha's petition for him to claim me? So much had happened these past few days and I never got to talk to him about how he was feeling. I jumped when he suddenly took my hand in his, pulling me closer.

"Thank you for accepting me, Joel . . . I'm so happy that you're finally going to be mine."

Hearing a growl, I turned to find Kyle glaring at us. I tightened my hold on Devlin's hand, ignoring Kyle angry, possessive look.

"Do you Kyle, promise to protect and lead, help and guide your mate and Luna to benefit and protect this pack?"

Kyle continued to glare at me as he responded to the Alpha's question.

"Yeah, whatever."

"I'll take that as an I do."

"Do you Joey, promise to follow and support, trust and help your mate and Alpha to benefit and protect this pack?"

"I-I do."

"Kyle, please mark your mate."

Jerking Joey's head up roughly, Kyle bit into his neck hard.

"Let him go, Kyle."

Ignoring the command, Kyle bit down harder, glaring at the Alpha defiantly.

"Let him go!"

Whining, Kyle finally released his hold and Joey backed away from him.

"You will accept this, Kyle! You will take this boy as your mate and he will be your Luna, do you understand?!"