Too Late

Kyle's pov

I stood where I was, staring at the door Joel had just run through as his parting words echoed in my head and I started to feel nervous. He really didn't seen to know what I was talking about and he looked so betrayed when he left . . . no, I have no reason to feel guilty, he cheated on me; not the other way around. I was completely faithful to him and I even planned to ask him to marry me when we graduated and he threw it in my face! I mean sending me pictures of him with other guys?! Wasn't it bad enough that he knew he was hurting me, he had to let me know too?! Pushing aside my wolf's plea to go after our mate, I sat back on my bed, lifting the pictures and studying them again. An angry growl went through me as I stared at his beautiful face in the throes of passion while a stranger knelt between his spread legs, I mean even an idiot could see clearly what was going on and the other pictures were just as explicit. A single tear fell from my eye at the crushing feeling of heartbreak overwhelmed me.

"Why, Joel? If you weren't happy, why couldn't you just talk to me?"

No,  I would move on. I wouldn't let him break me, I was going to break him instead. Grabbing my phone, I dialed a number I knew by heart and without giving myself a chance to change my mind I told the person on the other end my plan. As I hung up the phone a smile crossed my face for the first time in days, let's see how he likes it when he's the one that's betrayed.