Confusion

Joel's pov

Why is this happening? Is this because he doesn't want a baby? Was he just playing with me the whole time? I thought he loved me. He told me he was happy with me as a mate, was he just experimenting with me?
The sky suddenly fell, dropping torrents of rain on me and I was quickly soaked to the bone, but I couldn't bring myself to care.

'Whore. Slut. Loser. Is that what he really thought of me? Was I that disgusting and dirty in his eyes?'

Trembling, I gave into my pain, letting my tears mix with with the rain. He never wanted me as a mate . . . he just wanted my body for as long as he could have it and needed an excuse to throw me aside. As I got closer to my house, I could feel all my pain fading into numbness and as I passed the threshold, I couldn't feel anything at all.

"Joel, is that you?"

"Yeah mom, I'm back."

"I thought you were staying at Kyle's house for the weekend."

"We . . . We had a fight."

My mom must have heard something in my voice, because she rushed into the room, wrapping gentle arms around me.

"Oh honey, your soaked to the skin . . . go upstairs and change. We'll talk when you come back down."

Nodding, I made my way up the stairs and into my room, where I shredded my clothes; placing them in my laundry basket before making my way into the attached bathroom and turning on the shower. As I waited for the water to heat up, I let my mind drift to what had just happened, Kyle seemed so sure that I had cheated on him, I mean the look in his eyes; noone had ever looked at me like that before, like just the sight of me hurt his eyes. A tear trickled down my cheek and I angrily brushed it away . . . he didn't even give me a chance to defend myself, he just kept hurling insults and accusations at me like whatever I might have told him was a lie! And even worse than that, he denied his baby before he even got the chance to know it was his! Brushing a gentle hand across my stomach, I whispered soothingly to my baby.

"Don't worry, baby, we don't need him. I'm going to take care of you and make sure you never want for anything."

I let a small smile cross my lips as I stepped under the soothing heat of the water and let icaress my skin. As long as I had my baby, everything would be alright. Quickly scrubbing myself clean, I wrapped myself in a towel and made my way into my room, stopping short when I saw my twin brother standing there with his arms crossed and a smug smile on his lips.

"He was too good for you anyway. I mean, did you really think that just because you changed your clothes style and got rid of your glasses you would be worth something?"

"Why do you hate me so much?"

"No, the real question is why don't you know your place? I don't want you in my world, with my friends and you don't belong with the future Alpha of our pack."

"Out relationship has nothing to do with you."

"What relationship . . . he dumped you, remember?"

"What do you want Joey?"

"Since when have you cared about what I want?"

Before I could reply, he stalked out of the room leaving me alone again. I let out a small sigh as I made my way over to my closet, pulling out a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt before going to my dresser for boxers. As I dressed I thought about my promise to talk to my mom. What was I going to tell her? I couldn't tell her the truth, she thought that Kyle and I were just friends. I made my way downstairs in time to hear a loud slap and a gasp of shock. Peeking around the corner of the living room, I saw my mom and Joey glaring at each other and Joey holding his red cheek.

"We are family and I will not tolerate you talking about your brother like that!"

"So it's my fault he's a loser?! It's my fault he has no friends except the books he reads?! It's my fault that noone wants to be around him?!"

"Well maybe if you were a little bit more like him, you'd be valedictorian instead of barely passing."

"So, now I'm stupid too?! Is there anything else about me you want to criticize?! Maybe you want to blame me for dad leaving too, huh?! Maybe he couldn't stand having such a disappointment as a son!"

"Now hold on, I didn't say_____________!"

"You might as well have! You blame everything else on me because I'm not your perfect baby boy, well I'm sorry that Joel's perfect and I'm not!"

"I know you're upset, but I'm not going to stand here and let you talk to me like that."

"What, remind you of dad too much?"

"Go to your room!"

"Oh, I will, but it won't be here . . . I'm moving out."

Mom stared at Joey in disbelief as he glared back angrily.

"What did you say?"

"I said, I'm moving out. You can have your precious Joel and just forget you have another son."

"You're not leaving."

"Watch me."

"You're only seventeen. I could have you arrested as a runaway."

"Why?! Why are you keeping me here, we both know you don't care anything about me and neither does Joel!"

"Oh baby, that's not true."

"Just leave me alone."

Pushing past me, Joey ran up the stairs and we heard the door to his room slam shut. I made my way over to mom, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry mom."

"It's not your fault baby, I don't know what goes on in that boys head sometimes. I know you wanted to talk Joel, but I don't think I can deal with anything else right now."

"It's ok mom."

Smiling gratefully, my mom made her way to the kitchen to cook dinner and I quietly slipped out the front door. I knew mom would be angry at me, but I couldn't deal with the heavy atmosphere in the house and the feeling that whatever mom and Joey had been fighting about was my fault.