CHAPTER FIFTY

The gym was filled with a lot of people as I could possibly count one hundred and fifty people in the place

The gym was filled with a lot of people as I could possibly count one hundred and fifty people in the place. I didn't expect this amount of people to show up at our first fundraiser and I also didn't expect parents to bring their families with them, buying extra tickets at the door.

"Good afternoon everyone!" Ms. Erika spoke into the microphone, giving her introduction. "I would like to start off saying that we the people of Camp Southside Circle Park, appreciate you all for helping support the cause of keeping the camp open. The camp kids were the founders of The South Circle, and has been working really hard together for this exact day."

The gym exploded into claps, and cheers.

"I hope you all enjoy the activities, and just have a great time together.. I give you founders of The South Circle." Ms. Erika clapped her hands, along with the people as we all entered the gym.

"Hello everybody!" Braylon waved his hand, holding a microphone in the other hand. "I'm Braylon, and I want to again thank y'all for showing up to our first annual basketball tournament fundraiser, there's going to be activities for people to participate into, as I just really want you all to enjoy yourselves, and this means a lot to us, thank you."

The crowd cheered.

"Hi! I'm Constance, and I want to add don't be afraid to eat, or participate in our games, as this camp is family-oriented based. We strive on joy, friendship, the promise of a new beginning, protection, forgiveness, strength and eternity." Constance stated.

Soon music started to play from the speakers that the DJ had, which led most of the people grooving to it.

"Okay, nice to meet you all.. I'm Jacqueline and I'll like to start off our first activity being the slam dunk contest," Jacqueline vocalized in a enthusiastic tone of voice. "To win any prizes, come shoot from the three point line, I know there's plenty of potential NBA stars out there, come show off your skills and win a great prize!"

A few younger guys, around our age stepped off of the bleachers, sauntered to the middle of the floor, wiping behind their feet.

Eugene took over the microphone, walking over to the guys. "What's y'all name and where y'all from?"

"Tyler, and I'm from outchea', Atlanta." He held up a sign making the crowd laugh and cheer in support.

"Uh – I'm Nick, and I'm from Dallas." Nick uttered into the microphone.

"We got Dallas, Texas in the camp!" Eugene joked.

The crowd cheered him on Nick as well.

"I'm Kash, and I'm originally from the A." Kash brushed his shoulders off.