CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

The party was a major success and I was truly happy about that

       The party was a major success and I was truly happy about that. I wanted my best friend to enjoy her day and after she kept telling me thank you over and over, I knew that I did it. I was tired once we made it back to the camp as I finished my shower and headed into Darius' room. As promised, he grabbed olive oil and started to massage my feet.

I had the most amazing boyfriend ever.

"Awe, thank you baby." I kissed his lips as he chuckled, still rubbing my feet. "You don't want me to massage your back?"

"Not today." He replied, as he finished ambling into the bathroom to wash his hands. He came back into the room and dived into the bed, "How you feeling?"

"Great of course." I told him. "I'm just a bit exhausted right now, been moving so much.."

He nodded his head, placing his arms around me then looking down at me. "You know that it's been a week since you've slept in the bed with me?"

I thought about it, forgetting that we were on a break that lasted a week. It was a tough week away from him and it was a struggle falling asleep without him. It's like I got attached quickly to sleeping with him.

"Yeah, just realized." I flipped myself over, and stared at his face. "It was a rough week!"

"Everyday was like that for me." Darius admitted. "Would turn and think you right there but you wasn't.."

I never thought that the break would effect him like it effected me.

"Yeah," I told him, deciding to change the topic of our break onto something else. "Do you want to continue our questions game?"

Darius nodded.

"Okay," I sat up in the bed, and thought about the question that I was going to ask him, I snapped as it finally came to me. "If you could fix one world problem, what would it be and why?"

Darius paused, as I realized that was a great question to ask. "I wish I could fix the system of how many black young men are treated after making one mistake and trying to make a change but still people are holding on to the one mistake they've made.."

I liked his answer, a lot. "Do you think people in prison deserve a second chance?"

"I'm never been inside of a prison and I don't want to go." Darius replied, "It's just I feel like most of the people in prison do try their hardest to change and still are looked as criminals once they get out.. you know how many stories I've heard about how they treat black people in prison as if they're animals or something.. that shit is crazy and scary.. I just want to stir up our black men in the community to find better in the world because a lot of people are ready for us to fail."

"I understand how you feel, it's really sad that the world is cruel.. no wonder there's so many people in the black community trying to find better opportunities for us." I said, feeling myself becoming emotional. "If there was something that I wanted to change that'll be everyone dealing with depression, hate, pain that they constantly hold in which is very unhealthy.. I just want to help people be able to, especially in the black community that it's okay to talk to someone about your problems if you can't talk to anyone.."