CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

The crew was all in the lobby as we got ready to discuss the things for the upcoming fundraiser

The crew was all in the lobby as we got ready to discuss the things for the upcoming fundraiser.  I took a seat in the chair as I waited for Constance to show up since she was helping Jacqueline make the shirts. On cue, there she was carrying a pile of t-shirts and Jacqueline cans from behind her carrying the other pair of shirts.

"We're almost done creating the shirts but this is what it looks like so far." Jacqueline placed the piles of shirts onto a stool, and held one up in front of us. "I took Eugene's drawing and used to help us create the outlining of the shirt."

The shirt so far looked good.

"I think you should put a big ass green hashtag with The South Circle being the actual name of the tags." Dante suggested.

Jacqueline's eyes wandered around the shirt, as she seemed to study it closely. "That's not a bad idea."

"Has anyone came up with the actual fundraiser letter for the fundraiser?" Constance questioned all of us. "We need to make it legit so that people actually take us seriously."

"Uh.. so far I have," Dahlia stated, looking down at the paper in her hands. "Welcome to the first annual event of the summer, The South Circle which is a basketball tournament fundraiser in support of keeping Southside Circle Park."

"That sounds really good!" Constance exclaimed.

"Yeah, it sounds great best." Raquel told her.

"Alright, this is what I have for the body.." Braylon stood up. "Camp Southside Circle Park has always been a important part of the teenagers lives as it was often considered a second home to most. There's so many meanings to the camp that symbolizes it being about joy, friendship, the promise of a new beginning, protection, forgiveness, strength and eternity."

I already knew that my brother was smart, hearing him speak so fluently was good to hear. He might've doubted himself on being in college but he never knows what will happen. I've heard a few people say that people that struggled throughout high school actually succeeded well in college and he might be one of them.

"Wow! You sound...smart!" Dante held his mouth, in shock.

"Yeah, shut up." Braylon chuckled.

"No but for real, it sounds good!" Raquel said.

"We still have more work to do on the letter but so far it sounds great to add in together." Jacqueline praised. "Now we still have yet to find a date for the fundraiser but I know it's happening soon, when will we start getting the actual set up things?"

"We need to her green light from the two heads of the camp, so far they've been working hard on getting people to show up for the event, so I think we have to take care of everything else." I asserted, coming up with my own decision as to why we've never received an actual date or time yet.