CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN

As today was the last day to get everything situated before the fundraiser started tomorrow afternoon

As today was the last day to get everything situated before the fundraiser started tomorrow afternoon. We all helped prepare the equipment inside of the gym, making sure the tables of prizes, snacks were all set as well as the beautiful artwork from Eugene was presented on the easel stand, and spreaded out across the table.

The donation box was going to be on the table that people noticed when entering the room. It was a bright yellow box, with cards along the side of it, and the raffle tickets people needed for the games.

I walked into my room, holding my cellphone and taking a seat on the bed before calling my parents. Since the house phone wasn't picking up, I dialed my mom's number and waited for her to pick up on the third ring.

"Hello?" She greeted into the phone. "Is this Connie?"

"Yes ma'am." I nodded my head, as if she could see me. "This is she. I was calling you to ask if y'all could come over here tomorrow afternoon for the first camp's fundraiser?"

"Y'all are having a fundraiser? That's great Connie." She replied. "Of course we'll be there to support you and your friends for your camp, what's the reason for starting a fundraiser?"

"I'll explain it all to you tomorrow mom," I smiled. "I'm thankful that you both could come and I know that y'all want to meet Darius still so this is a great time to do that."

"Okay, I definitely want to speak to this young man who has my daughter claiming she's in love." She teased. "But yes I'll see you guys tomorrow afternoon, give me the time and also how much money that we have to donate please."

"I will, thank you again mom." I said. "I love you!"

"I love you too Connie." My mom answered.

I hung up the phone, as Jacqueline opened up the door, with a smile on her face.

"Guess who just finished these shirts?" She pointed at herself. "This girl, and made enough for others to have."

"Yay!" I laughed, as she threw her body on my bed. "You tired?"

"Indeed," She sighed, rubbing her fingers through her hair. "I'm thinking of a change in my hair, maybe red or purple.. you know that I love changing it up."

"I think any color you could kill, no try red." I suggested. "One day I'm gon' dye my hair."

"Oooh, let me be the person to do it, please best friend." She begged, sitting up in the bed. "So tomorrow Darius is going to meet your peeps huh?"

"They've met before but now I'll be introducing him as my boyfriend to them, and now that I'm in love.." My cheeks reddened, all of a sudden. "I'm more nervous than Darius is, because he's my first boyfriend that I'm going to let meet my parents. How did you do it with Eugene?"

"Well.. Eugene was always around my family," She grinned. "He was literally at the house all the time, speaking to my brother, and cousins.. they were all close, but I'm so stupid that I didn't notice why he would be around me so often. The guy was in love with me, and I didn't know a thing.. that's sad huh?"