CHAPTER EIGHT

"You don't think he brought her here to upset you, huh?" I asked her.

"Has to be. I can admit I was a bit upset to see him bring someone but she kept staring at me then called herself trying to check me." Jacqueline explained then started to laugh. "Now she knows I would beat her but I'll keep it classy. Eugene should've never went and tried to make me jealous with some chick."

"So what are you going to do?"

"I'll continue sitting pretty, bothering these fees but I don't know. I don't want to admit why I like this dude." She sighed, brushing her hair from her shoulders. "I feel like I'll get played and I—"

"Are you scared to fall in love with him?"

"Yeah," Her eyes became glossy. "I don't want to fall in love and it change me into some crazy person. It's scary to have those kind of feelings other than love for your friends and family, I'm just scared Con."

"It'll be okay Jacq. I swear it will be, and if you need me I'm here." I replied, rubbing her arms in support.

Jacqueline was my first female best friend that I've ever had. I could never get close with females since they would always try to make me feel like I was less than, or just constantly down me with Jacqueline we lifted each other up and that's exactly how friends are supposed to be with each other.

"Thank you, sadly I don't think it'll never be." She wiped the corner of her eyes.

"Why not? You should admit your feelings to him, and it'll go from there." I told her.

"Okay, I guess I'll wait until his chick leaves." She laughed, drying away her eyes.

"Honestly, so go back to being cute and sitting pretty."

She laughed, hugging me as I headed to the food table.

I made sure that there was enough food for everybody, and I feel like there was still going to be food left. I picked up a mini sandwich and bit into it as I shook my head to the music blasted from the speakers.

It was only around ten thirty and it was dark outside. I looked at all the people who showed up for the party and smiled.

"Say ConBon," Braylon came out of nowhere, putting his arm around me.

"What you want, Bray?" I eyed him, already knowing that he was about ask me for something.

"How you know I want something but yeah, I really want you to talk me on someone for me," He removed his arm from my shoulder, and rubbed his hands together.