CHAPTER SIXTEEN

"You smiling hard as shit

   "You smiling hard as shit." Lamont frowned, as I walked into his room.

Damn Am I? I tried to fight the urge but it was no use. It had to the shit that Constance told me that had me smiling. She was a different type of girl that I've met during my past years in high school. It was intriguing how her mind wandered off to all kinds of stuff.

"You took your medicine bro?" I questioned, moving the subject from me on to him.

"Yeah, earlier." He squinted his eyes at me. "You was with Constance?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Every time you leave her, you have this certain look on your face." He demonstrated the look.

"Can't help that she funny ass hell." I answered.

"Who knew that my brother would fall in love with my best friend?" He chuckled, shaking his head.

"Woah?!" I looked at him crazy.

I can't admit to him that I liked being with Constance. I knew that I liked her whenever she asked me to be her friend then it traveled from there into a deeper like once I gotten to know her. Sometimes she had me giddy and shit, about anything.

I liked her even more whenever she told me she was waiting for the right person to claim her prize. I kinda fell for her whenever her dark brown eyes would stare into my soul, and how wide her smile would get whenever I call her babygirl.

I started calling her baby girl, just to see where her head was. It didn't seem to bother her so I continued and then she soon started to love it. Also seeing her face whenever she was at my door, and the way my heart was beating fast whenever she was in my arms.

I wanted her to be my girl, but I was scared of how she'll react. Since she never had a boyfriend and how strong our friendship was going. I didn't want to ever ruin that.

"Yeah," I rubbed my face. "I really like her and that shit different than anyone else I dated or talked to."

"You better go after her first," Lamont stated. "I heard that Dante was still willing to shoot his shot."

"I thought the game proved he should leave her alone," I smacked my teeth.

"How you apologize to someone by kissing their hand?" Lamont looked at me then chuckled. "He wanted to see her reaction and probably yours. That's why he said that Constance was yours."

"But she not mine." Not like I didn't want her to be.

"You too old to be scared to admit your feelings bro." He chuckled. "With Dahlia I told her, and she actually didn't react crazy at all. She understood and still wanted to be with me, so I guess were taking it slow."

"You don't think my friendship with her would get ruined?" I questioned. "We just started to confide in one another and be each other's counselor. I don't want to lose that shit if we break up or something."