CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

It's been exactly two days since I've ran on the track, and it was weird that I wasn't bothered by it

        It's been exactly two days since I've ran on the track, and it was weird that I wasn't bothered by it. I made up for it by stretching every morning and night, so whenever I'm back on the track, it's not as hard for me. It was also a couple days since Lamont was sent to the mental illness center, already hearing the difference in his voice made me feel a bit better.

"Bruh, y'all ever thought about what would've happened to us if we went the other route?" Eugene blurted out, which caused everyone to stop playing and to look up at him. "I mean, I could've easily got influenced by the streets but I guess I had another plan for myself."

I stayed silent, and thought about how I would be if I was in the streets. I never sold drugs or did anything of that sort. I had plenty of friends in school who took that route and ended up dropping out of school to be professional drug dealers. Fast money never excited me whatsoever and even though my friends did their things, I never judged them and always had my own personality, so it wasn't like I could ever get influenced.

"My parents prayed so hard for Dante and I," Desmond shared. "I could've easily got caught up, hanging up with the wrong people and almost got my ass in trouble but it was a wake up call for me, so I stopped hanging out with them."

"Yeah, I was only raised by a single parent," Eugene stated. "My mom was my world, and I promised her I wouldn't be in the that kind of life. She wanted me to get my diploma and even though I struggled, I still got it now college is the next step yet I feel like I won't even make it to graduate."

"Why you think that?" Braylon questioned him.

"My mom sick, even though she trying to tell me she not." Eugene rubbed his face. "She's the one who pushed me hard to finish school, and without her being there to push me to college then who do I have?"

"Ain't you with Jacqueline? She'll be the pusher." I told him.

Eugene smiled, at the mention of her name. "Bruh, that's someone that I promise to keep happy. That's my dream girl and I'm waiting until we get older to put a ring on her finger."

"You thinking about marrying her already?" Dante chuckled. "Damn, I ain't meet a female that could keep me to be faithful."

"Yeah, I could never hurt her bruh." Eugene chuckled. "If it ever happens, I'll rather her being the one to break my heart."

That was deep. I understood exactly how he felt, and I know that this was Constance first relationship but I wanted to keep her happy, and she seemed like she wanted the same for me. I just wanted her to realize that she had a guy that loved her truly, from the inside and her outside.