CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Kendrick Lamar's song Money Trees blasted through the speakers, in the game room

         Kendrick Lamar's song Money Trees blasted through the speakers, in the game room. Either you were playing on the PlayStation, chillin' or in your own zone like me, just thinking to myself. I nodded my head to the beat of the music and thought of my first time hearing the song. It was released in 2012, and I was just twelve years old, jamming to this loud in the car with my pops as we would be riding around in his old' Chevrolet Camaro to the car wash or off to the barbershop.

Those were the days, ain't have a care in the world and wasn't worried about unnecessary bullshit that I'm worrying about now. If only I could turn the clock around and be that age again, but I'm older and more mature.

I sipped on my water, as I watched Braylon and Lamont playing 2K against each other. It was hilarious at how they both would stand up because it would be that serious.

"This shit cheating!" Braylon smacked his teeth, as he stood up again. "I don't even want to play this shit no more."

"Ahh! And 1 bitch asss n-gga." Lamont chuckled, shooting a three before Braylon stopped the game. "Who next? I told y'all I'm a beast with this shit."

Braylon mugged him hard before he became very competitive, "I already know that you won't beat me in real life."

It's been a while since Lamont played ball, but I already know he still had some skills. Talent wouldn't just go away, nah. You could tell that made Lamont feel some kind of way, as he backed off and let him have it but what shocked me was whenever he took his shirt off and said these two words. "It's whatever."

"Oh shit! You better not let that him do you like that bro." Eugene instigated, getting them both hyped up. "I bet you he'll beat you in one on one."

"Stop sicing shit." I told Eugene.

"Nah, he think he could play against me? Let me get out of this shit and we'll head over to the court." Braylon rubbed his hands together like bird man with a smirk on his face.

"Damn, I call next." Dante stood up, giving Braylon a dap. "Back in school, nobody could touch me on the court."

Braylon walked out of the room to go change into some comfortable to play ball in.

"But against me you was some shit, shut up." Desmond waved him off, before looking at me. "We ain't hear ya' say shit yet, you must be some shit." He started to burst into laughter.

"I'm not no cocky person, my skills tell it all." I smirked, getting up from my spot. It's been a minute since I've played ball myself, and even though I didn't know Dante or Desmond, they were going to find out about the way I played. I wasn't going to talk shit until we started to play.

"Oooooh." Eugene continued. "Y'all must not know about my boy Dirty D."

"Ain't nobody scared of that n-gga." Dante chuckled, "After I beat you I might just take yo' girl." He sent me a daring wink.