CHAPTER THIRTY

Day 1 of the break wasn't bad until I found myself, in my room feeling numb

          Day 1 of the break wasn't bad until I found myself, in my room feeling numb. I stared up at the ceiling in hopes of the pain to go away but it was too hard to keep my mind off of it. I shut my eyes, and saw her all over.. her dark brown eyes staring back at me, and her smile brightening up my entire mind. I quickly opened it back up, and sat up, touching my face as I realized that I was fighting the urge to cry.

I ran a hand down my face, and looked at the walls, as I sat in dark room, with no sounds on just me and my thoughts in my head, loud as ever. I've been in bed all day, took a lot of naps in bed and still haven't gotten up yet.

It unusual because I felt like I was being lazy and I was never a lazy kind of person, I've always moved, whether it was doing sports, or exercising or playing games, I had to do something. But this changed me.

A knock was heard on the door, and I didn't even speak because I felt like I couldn't. Once the person didn't hear me saying anything, they took it upon themselves to enter my room.

I kept my eyes focused on the walls, as the person entered the room, kind of slamming the door to get a reaction out of me but I didn't budge, it wasn't like I was stuck from even making a move.

"Damn bro, he really must be going through something." Eugene's voice said out loud. "Especially being in the darkness like this."

"No, he not." Braylon's voice replied with a chuckle, as he turned the lights on. "He need to get up, because we going to the play ball on the court."

I still didn't move or speak, as their movements came to a stop, in front of me as my eyes finally blinked.

"What's up with you?" Eugene asked, with a worried expression, he seemed like he was confused as to why I was acting the way I was.

"Yeah, come on.. who sit in the damn dark?" Braylon joked, as Eugene nudged him in his shoulder.

"You need to chill out with all the jokes, he might really be depressed or some shit." Eugene told him.

"Depressed for what?" Braylon raised a brow, with a smirk. "He should be depressed after I beat him up on one and one."

"You don't take nothing serious, you see he not even talking." Eugene shook his head. "He probably sad about Lamont."

"I thought bro was doing good," Braylon brows drew together. "Yeah, something else wrong with 'em."

"What you think we should do?" Eugene glanced at Braylon before looking at me. "I'll go get Ms. Esther."

Braylon nodded his head, as Eugene left the room. As he left, Braylon looked around the room before clapping his hands, to try to wake me up out of my funk but it didn't work.

"Alexa, play You Are Not Along by Micheal Jackson." Braylon told the machine, and watched the machine play a snippet of song. He chuckled at himself for being childish but dropped his face, as he noticed that I still was silent, "damn, I know whatever it is.. got you messed up bad bruh."