CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"You see I made it just in time," I told Eugene, as I found a nice parking spot

      "You see I made it just in time," I told Eugene, as I found a nice parking spot. "And without any scratches or marks."

He smirked, wrapping his arms around Jacqueline before we waited until the other vehicle to pull up. It only took me about ten minutes to get to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and I was a bit excited for the food that I was going devour. Ms. Esther still was on break from being our chef so she spent most of her time at home with her grandchildren.

Since it was a celebration, I wore one of my best sun dresses. A Leanna My Sunshine floral dress, that was the color mustard, and a pop of blue, green, and brownish. It made my nonexistent chest look great, and it flowed so beautifully at the end. My choice of footwear was mustard ankle strap stilettos as my toes were painted white. My favorite pearl earrings were in my ear and I had a white crossbody bag.

Instead of wearing my hair down, it was styled in a slicked swooped low ponytail, with neat wavy edges. My makeup was flawlessly slayed by the Jacqueline York herself.

"Again, you look fabulous best friend." Jacqueline complimented, for the twentieth time. "You did that and I love it! It's so you."

I smiled, taking a look at her. As usual, Jacqueline was dressed to perfection. Every time she stepped out, she looked her best! A navy blue 'Show Me Your Love' floral dress hugged her frame, as black strapped success heels covered her white painted toenails. Natural makeup was the look for tonight, as her hair was styled in wand curls. "Don't make me talk about you, you always come out not playing with nobody. You never fell to top your other looks, it's always a surprise. I stan a legend, okay!"

"I mean I try," She flipped her hair over her shoulders with a pearly white grin on her face. "No wonder we're best friends, they can't handle us."

"They can't!" I high-fived her.

"Y'all are a hot mess." Eugene simply shook his head, but his eyes never left Jacqueline's face. Every move she made he admired her beauty with the proudest smile on his face. "But she right though."

Jacqueline's eyes stared deeply into Eugene's as they shared a couple kisses before she smiled.

I awed, so happy for my best friend finding love and being happy.

A pair of arms wrapped around my shoulders, and I noticed his cologne right away before he stepped in front of me. It was no one other than my boy best-friend, Darius looking handsome as ever. He already stood at six foot two, had broad shoulders, a muscular torso, chiseled abs and toned legs. His hair was freshly low cut with plenty of waves and a nice design in the center of his head.

His dark, chestnut colored skin, angular face that held a little facial hair, sharp jawline and deep cheekbones made him look like a pretty boy. With long natural eyelashes, perfectly arched eyebrows and almond dark brown eyes, he held that title. His nose was round, and he had full lips. In the upper corner of his cheeks was a tiny beauty mark. His skin always looked so smooth and was super clear, as I would always tell him.