CHAPTER FIFTEEN

I woke up in the middle of the night, and couldn't go back to sleep

I woke up in the middle of the night, and couldn't go back to sleep. I had a dream or more of a nightmare that something happened to a guy that I truly cared about. I woke up full of sweat and I got out of bed to wake up Jacqueline but she wasn't in here, so she had to be with Eugene. I was honestly scared to go back to sleep after the nightmare I just had.

I walked out of room, and down the hallways to get to my boy best friend's room. I knocked on the door and it took a minute before he opened the door shirtless, and his packs on full display.

Darius eyes squinted, "You know how late it is, Con?"

"I'm sorry," I apologized quickly. "I can't go back to sleep and Jacqueline is not there. But I'll try to fall asleep again," I started to walk away from the door.

"Con, come in." He called me.

I folded my arms, and went inside of his room. It was cold as hell and he didn't have a shirt on.

"You know it's cold in here?" I shivered.

"Get under the cover con," He rubbed his eyes.

I did as I was told, and started to tell him about my nightmare.

"Wow." He said. "You remember that in full detail but it's not a problem for you to be in here, I'll be on the floor if that's comfortable enough for you."

"No, it's okay." I stated.

"Okay," He nodded, and got into the bed and underneath the covers. "Come here, Con."

I moved closer to him, as he let me snuggle close to him. "Thank you."

He didn't say anything, as I laid my head on his chest and tried to fall asleep.

It didn't take too long to fall back asleep.

• • •

Whenever I woke up, I was so confused until I felt Darius' arms around me. It didn't feel awkward, since he did a friendly gesture and I was thankful for how good of a friend he was.

I slipped out of his hold, and was about to use the bathroom until he called me.

"You Okay, baby girl?" He asked, as one eye was opened.

"I'm just going to use the bathroom then I'll be out of your room, quick." I told him.

"You still running with me today?" He asked.

"Yeah Darius, I promised." I laughed, as I went into the bathroom which surprisedly not bad at all. It was clean and smelled like cologne.

I used the bathroom and washed my hands, as Darius walked into the bathroom.

"Can you get out?" He asked, moving to the toilet. "Unless you want to see something."