CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

I was back running everyday, and I honestly couldn't stop thinking about Constance

          I was back running everyday, and I honestly couldn't stop thinking about Constance. I thought hiding from her would make it better but I was missing her face like crazy. It's like she was starting to hide from me as well, because every time I noticed she was out with Jacqueline, probably not missing nothing about me. It's been a long five days without her, and I don't know how long I was going to keep it up.

I played 2k and still felt empty without her. "My mind not even on this no more."

I handed the game controller to Desmond who wasted no time playing the game.

I was really miserable without her, and I blamed myself for letting her slip so easily away from me. I picked up my headphones from my neck and placed onto my ear as I began to start my playlist. I added the last five songs that I had on my list being Biggie's Juicy, The Isley Brothers, Contagious, All Falls Down by Kanye West, D'Angelo's Higher, and Shai If I Ever Fall In Love with my bonus track being added, Candy Rain by Soul For Real.

I sighed as Braylon sat down next to me, because he was going to have a bunch of pep talks as if he was in a relationship before.

"How you feel?" He asked.

"I'm alright." I lied, tucking in lip as I pressed play on my playlist and listened to the first song Cupid by 112.

I could feel myself getting lost into the words, and now I was imagining myself singing like they did back in the day, going to Constance house whenever we got off our date and I promised her dad that I'll bring her back at a certain time, showing up a few minutes early and then singing to her as I walked to the door, her giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek, as my corny self made her kiss my lips and then her blushing as I admired her face.

"No, I know you not." He responded, as he tapped my shoulder. "If I were you, I would have to finally tell my girl how I feel and then we go from there, because I'm sure you know ol' dude is chasing her."

I frowned, cutting my music off. "You really think he chasing after her?"

Braylon gave me a smirk, and he went back to playing with the others in the game room.

I smacked my teeth, as I got up from the chair and exited the room to head over to mine but I noticed Dante in the lobby laughing with somebody, and I got closer seeing that it was Constance. I haven't seen her in so long, that I was starting to think she got even more beautiful. The smile on her face wasn't forced at all, and her pretty dark brown eyes didn't have any hint of sadness to them unlike mine.

I was really miserable without her every day, and to see she was truly happy made me scared to even talk to her again. There's no doubt in my mind that she moved on by the way Dante was close to her. He noticed me, and leaned in closer to her as she backed up, which led to him trying to whisper in her ear.