CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Strength, power, growth, love and happiness is the most important part about healing from the hurt and pain

               Strength, power, growth, love and happiness is the most important part about healing from the hurt and pain. I cried for my brother, for his family, for my boyfriend and for myself knowing that this was such a hard thing to process. I stared at my boyfriend who smiled at me with the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. Even though it was the color dark brown it was still extremely beautiful. All of the hurt he had seemed to disappear or he had a great way of disguising it.

"You good?" He asked with a raised brow, after allowing me to cry.

I nodded with a smile on my face, as he leaned in to kiss my forehead making me close my eyes. The crying seemed to help me calm down and the prayers from Ms. Esther. She was literally a sweet person and made me miss my grandmother.

"We have a little bit of time to just chill before we start our fundraiser." Darius told me.

"Yes, I'm very excited about it for some reason." I replied, as I played with my curly hair. I still had yet to wash it but I knew that it was needed today.

As Darius nodded, his phone started to ring making my heartbeat fast. He seemed to notice as he held me before getting up to get his phone.

He then pulled me into his arms and placed his phone on speaker. "Hello?"

"What's up bro?" Lamont's voice said in a very calm voice.

He sounded so much better, there was no pain or hurt in his voice. It seemed more at ease, and calming.

"Hey bro! How are you?" Darius smirked super hard, as he exhaled.

"I'm doing good. I had to call to check up on y'all." Lamont told him. "Wait, is my sister Constance with you?"

"Yeah she right here." Darius stated, as he looked at me.

Tears fell from my eyes, but this time it was happy tears. "Hey Monty."

"Awe, don't be sad sis. I'll touchdown soon!" Lamont chuckled. "I love y'all. Glad to know that y'all still together."

"We love you too." We both said in a union.

"Yeah. I got to call our parents bro, it was good hearing from y'all." Lamont replied.

"You called me first?" Darius asked.

"Of course, love y'all for real." Lamont said before hanging up the phone.

Darius sat his phone beside him on the bed, as he stared at me. "You see bro sounding better? His voice all calm and shit."

"Yeah, I'm proud of him for receiving the help he needed now whenever he comes back he'll better than ever." I replied.

"Exactly, so no more worrying baby girl." He chuckled before kissing me.