CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

The Weeknd's song, Wicked Games blasted through the Alexa device

   The Weeknd's song, Wicked Games blasted through the Alexa device. I got dressed up into a simple fit, a Navy blue polo Ralph Lauren shirt, with the small yellow horse and light khaki pants and my Polo Ralph brown boots. I was going with Eugene to get the stuff for Jacqueline's surprise party coming up. I pulled my pants up with a belt, and started to give myself a neat lining with my clippers. I sprayed on my cologne and threw on my watch.

My gold chain was on my neck completing my look, as I placed my wallet and cellphone in my pocket. I left my room, and headed into the lobby. I didn't eat breakfast or any food this morning since I knew it would be hard to see Constance at the table so as the day changed into the afternoon, I was starving and decided to pick up something from the mall.

I waited for Eugene to come into the lobby, as the Uber that I called told me that he was here. Finally after a few minutes Eugene popped into the lobby, and we were out the door.

"I'm getting her gifts at the mall, we could get her party stuff at Walmart or something." Eugene told me.

"Sounds good." I told him, as we entered the Uber.

I sat in front seat of the Uber, and just looked out of the window. I was still feeling down but the more I kept the forced smile on my face would make me feel better. Sometimes you had to fake it til' you make it. The ride to Lenox Square Mall was quiet and it kind of bothered me a lot because it left me thinking if Constance wanted to see me or not.

Finally, we got made it to the mall and I got out of the Uber. Eugene joined me as he kept staring at the time on his phone.

"I would think Jacqueline would be sleeping right now, because it's getting late." Eugene stated, more to himself. "We got enough time I think."

"I don't know what to get your girl," I replied.

"I'm still deciding if I should get her a promise ring, you don't think that it's kind of corny?" Eugene asked me.

"I mean, y'all been together for a good bit so I think she'll love it." I told him. "You nervous for giving her a ring?"

"Yeah, even though it's a promise ring I feel like it means more.. I literally plan on switching her ring to a engagement ring when we get to college and next down the line a marriage. I love that girl so much, and my mom even love her bro!" Eugene smirked hard. "My mom thinks she's a great girl for me and that she'll keep me up, I don't know what she mean by that but she said it."

I was happy for my brother being in love and another part of me felt jealous that I wasn't even in a relationship anymore but it wasn't a kind of jealous that made me hate my brother.