CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

Waking up the next day was the hardest, I felt completely alone and wanted to lay in bed all day, listening to sad love songs but I didn't want this to be the end of the world

Waking up the next day was the hardest, I felt completely alone and wanted to lay in bed all day, listening to sad love songs but I didn't want this to be the end of the world. My mood was just sadness and more pain than I've ever felt in my entire life. It was indescribable, and I wanted to cry all over again. Nobody ever told me heartbreak was this hard.

The lights were off, and the entire room was pitched dark. I was underneath the covers, staring at the walls as if I didn't have anything to do.

I heard the door open, but I ignored it and turned the other way.

"No, we're not about to do this ma'am." Jacqueline turned the lights on, then went into my closet. "We're going to be happy."

I cried. "I'm not in the mood, J."

Jacqueline stared at me, as if she remembered that feeling. "I cannot stand watching you cry and be in the dark. I need you to be better! Best friends are supposed to be there for one another, no matter what."

"I can't." I really felt stuck.

"What would Lamont think?" Jacqueline persuaded me to get up. "You need to be better for him because he's fighting for you. He's pushing and you need to push to get back to being you. It'll hurt for a while believe me I know but we're not going to dwell on this anymore. Life is too precious for you too pass on, and ignore it. We need to find ourselves, and learn to have self love."

I wiped my face, even though more tears fell. I sat up in bed, and could feel weakness inside of my body. "It hurts Jacqueline, I'm sorry but I can't do it."

"Do you want to get better?" Jacqueline questioned.

"Yes."

"Do you want to love yourself inside and out?"

"Yes."

"Well, try! Get your ass' up and hold my hand!" She mimicked Eddie Murphy's character, Rasputia from one of our favorite movies Norbit. "No, but seriously.. take a shower, get dressed in something cute and we'll be on our way to exploring life."

I laughed a bit, even though I felt weak in the knees and could hardly speak - I got my body out of bed, and into the shower.

"Let the fashionista, MissJacquelineG dress you." She yelled from outside the door.

"Okay.." I turned on the water in the shower, undressed and stepped inside of it, feeling the heat already. Sweat poured from my forehead, and made my hair sweaty but I washed it anyways with my shampoo and allowed my natural curls to roam free.

I took a long shower, a hour since my mind was wondering off to him but I stepped out quickly, and wrapped the big towel around me. I was now off of my cycle which was great for me, but I still wore pantyliners at the time like this.

I made sure to put on my undergarments, and wrapped the towel back around me as Jacqueline waited for me patiently on the bed with a outfit picked already for me.