Thirty-four

After I said goodbye to Hinami, Touka and Nishiki I went back to HySy.

When I walked in the sign said 'closed', which meant Uta was already upstairs. I'd been at Anteiku a lot longer than I realized.

When I walked up the stairs I heard Uta walking through the hall.

"Uta-kun!", I said as I ran up the last part of the stairs.

"Eiko-chan", he said in a surprised tone. "You seem happy."

"I am", I answered. "I finally have some hope again."

"There is the Eiko-chan I know and love", Uta said with a smile as he pulled me close to him.

I chuckled as I hugged him back.

"I'm glad to be back", I then murmured.

After he let me go we sat down in the living room, where I explained that Hinami would be joining Aogiri Tree.

Uta was silent the entire time.

"So I'll be going there a lot more", I said as I averted my eyes. "I hope you don't mind."

"I don't mind", Uta answered. "I just want you to be happy. If that means going to Aogiri more often or even moving out I'll support you."

"Thank you", I answered with a smile. "But you won't get rid of me that easily."

"Good", Uta said with a small chuckle.

"So", I then started. "The first thing I want to do with Hinami tomorrow is bring her here. She'll need a mask if she's going to join Aogiri."

"Sure", Uta answered. "Sounds great."

"Great", I said as I settled on the couch.

After we watched a movie I went to bed. I fell asleep pretty quickly.

The next day I was up early and showered quickly. I brushed my teeth, fixed my hair and got dressed.

I checked if Uta was in the living room, but he wasn't. Then I went downstairs, into the shop. He wasn't there either.

"He's probably still asleep", I mumbled to myself.

Then I cleaned the shop a bit, adjusting stands and the masks hanging on the wall as well as vacuuming. When I was done I went back upstairs, where I prepared two cups of coffee.

I knocked on Uta's door before opening it.

"Uta-kun", I whispered.

He didn't respond. I opened the door further and walked into the room. Once inside I put the cups of coffee on the nightstand.

"Uta", I whispered as I put my hand on his shoulder. "Wake up."

He made a small sound and moved a bit, but then he just pulled the blankets closer to him and kept sleeping.

I chuckled.

"Uta", I then said. "You need to wake up."

When he didn't move I glanced at the coffee.

"No, that's just cruel", I mumbled.

I walked out of the room and into the bathroom, where I filled a cup with cold water. I took it with me to Uta's bedroom.

I held the cup above his head and turned it around, letting the water splash in his face. He shot up with wide eyes and gasping for air.

I was sadistically giggling like crazy.

"Rise and shine!", I managed to make out in between laughs.

I was sitting on the floor laughing and Uta slowly turned his head to look at me. Strands of hair were stuck to his face. He looked super grumpy, which made me laugh even more.