Thirty-one

We have officially entered the time of Tokyo Ghoul:re.

I know Anteiku is supposed to me destroyed but I might've forgotten about that while writing and now I don't feel like changing everything so it still exists in this story 🤷🏽‍♀️😂

Happy reading!

~~~~

After Uta just held me for a while the pain in my stomach faded away. I asked him to wait downstairs so I could freshen up, and he complied.

I took a deep breath before throwing the covers back. When I got out of the bed I felt drops of blood rolling down the side of my legs, as I'd expected. Tears sprung into my eyes. I took a deep breath as a few of them rolled down my face.

I went to the bathroom, where I took a quick shower. Once the blood was gone I dried myself and got dressed. I fixed my hair a bit and looked at myself in the mirror.

My eyes were red from all the crying and I looked skinnier than usual. I just wrote it off as stress and walked out of the bathroom.

When I went downstairs Uta was waiting for me.

"Hey", I mumbled. "Thank you for coming so quickly."

"No problem, Eiko-chan", Uta answered.

He patted on a chair beside him and I walked over before sitting down.

"I understand that you don't want to go back to Aogiri's base", he then said. "But I was wondering if you'd prefer to live with me instead of here. It's more quiet there and you would have all the time you need to recover from this, both physically and mentally."

I was silent for a second as I took in what he said. It actually didn't sound bad. I trusted Uta, and I didn't want to be a burden to the ghouls of Anteiku any more than I'd already been. I came to them in a rush, and they practically had no other choice than to let me stay.

"Yes, I'd like that", I mumbled as I looked at Uta. "Thank you."

Uta just gave me a small nod. I got up and walked over to the bar where Touka was cleaning the counter.

"Touka", I said and she looked up at me. "Thank you for letting me stay here, even though I arrived in a rush. I don't want to bother Anteiku any more than I already have, so I'll live with Uta for a while."

"Are you sure?", Touka asked. "You're welcome to stay here if you want to."

"I'm sure", I said as I forced a small smile. "Thank you."

Touka nodded and I went upstairs. I collected my things I'd gotten from the base and put them in my bag. After I checked if everything in the room I'd used was clean I went back downstairs.

Uta was talking to Touka. They both fell silent when I walked in. They were obviously talking about me.

"You don't have to stop your conversation", I mumbled as I grabbed my coat from the hanger. "I'll be fine."

"Let's go, Eiko-chan", Uta said as he walked up to me.

I turned to Touka and nodded once.

"Thanks again, Touka", I said. "I'll see you some other time."

"Bye, Eiko-san", she replied. "See you soon."

With that Uta and I left the shop. We walked to the 4th ward in silence.

Even though I put on a brave face, I was still devastated. I missed Kaneki and our baby and I felt like I was on the brink of having a mental breakdown. Perhaps I was already having one.