Seven

"Another coffee?", Yoshimura asked me.

I nodded.

"Yes, please."

I was sitting at the bar in Anteiku, which was almost empty since it was very late.

I was about to say something when the little bell rang. I turned around to see Uta entering the cafe. He looked at me and his eyes widened in surprise. I was surprised too, since I'd never actually seen him at Anteiku before. The others immediately knew something was up, because Uta rarely showed that much emotion on his face.

"Do you two know each other or something?", Touka asked, straightforward as usual.

"I met him at his shop once", I blurted out before Uta could answer. "To get... A mask."

"What kind of mask?", Yomo asked and he frowned at my weird tone.

"It was a normal mask. I was just surprised to see her here since I had to send it to the 2nd ward", Uta plainly said as he sat down beside me.

I nodded in agreement and took a sip of my coffee.

"I like Anteiku's coffee", I said.

Touka nodded to herself and continued cleaning the tables. Yoshimura seemed to have a faint smile on his face but also continued what he was doing.

"Anyway, did you manage to free your waiter?", I asked. "The raid was around a month ago."

"No...", Touka said before anyone else could answer. "He, uh... He said he wanted to join Aogiri Tree."

Nishio eyed me as Touka said this, but I ignored him.

"I see", I neutrally responded. "I'm sorry to hear that."

Touka kept cleaning and Nishio rolled his eyes.

After a few moments of silence a little girl walked in. She was cute, even though she seemed tired. I smiled and waved at her. She waved back.

"Who are you?", she asked.

"Hinami, come here", Nishio said before I could answer.

"I'm Eiko", I said as the girl sat down next to Nishio. "You're Hinami?"

She nodded.

"Nice to meet you", I said.

I got up from the bar to sit down next to her when Nishio stood in front of me.

"Don't you go near her", he hissed.

"You better watch that tone of yours, Nishiki", I said in a sweet tone, the air in the room turning cold.

"What's going on?", Yomo suspiciously asked.

Touka was watching us closely and Yomo narrowed his eyes. Yoshimura just kept cleaning cups and Uta kept sipping his coffee, unfazed by everything.

"I don't want Eiko around Hinami", Nishio said without taking his eyes off me.

"And why is that?", Yomo asked as he got up from his chair.

"Because-", Nishio began.

"Because what?", I interrupted him in a sweet tone, the warning noticeable.

He was silent for a moment. Then he took a step back.

"Nothing", he muttered.

"That's what I thought", I said as I sat down across from Hinami.

Yomo looked between me and Nishio and then sat down at the bar again. Touka went to clean the cloth she'd been using to wipe the tables.

"So, what are you doing here, Hinami?", I asked with a polite smile.