Twenty-eight

One morning I woke up next to Kaneki. He was still asleep, but something woke me up. Then I realized and jumped out of bed. I ran to the bathroom and kicked the door shut behind me as I kneeled by the toilet. Then I threw up.

Maybe Touka poisoned my coffee after all.

After I was done I cleaned my mouth with some toilet paper and flushed everything down the toilet. I leaned against the wall for a bit before getting up and walking to the sink. I gurgled some water before spitting it out and brushing my teeth.

Since I spent more nights in Kaneki's room than my own, I had everything I needed, including a toothbrush. After I was done brushing my teeth I fixed my hair a bit. Then I quietly opened the bathroom door again.

Kaneki was still asleep, he just turned to his side. I quietly climbed into the bed again. I laid down behind Kaneki and wrapped my arms around him. I was the big spoon for once. I'd never done that before, but I had to admit it was quite comfortable. I sighed in satisfaction before I dozed off again.

When I woke up Kaneki wasn't in the bed, but I heard the shower running. I decided to actually let him have a quiet shower for once instead of joining him like I'd done the past few weeks. I rolled onto my back and stared at the ceiling.

I still couldn't completely believe it. Kaneki was my boyfriend, and he loved me for who I was. He didn't care I was crazy. And I loved him too, more than I thought possible.

The bathroom door opened and Kaneki walked in, only wearing a towel around his lower half.

"Hey, handsome", I said in a sleepy voice as I turned on my side.

"Good morning", he said with a cute smile.

He gave me a kiss on the top of my head before walking to the closet. He took out some clothes and dropped his towel before putting them on. I looked away out of politeness, but I couldn't help but peek at him once or twice.

"I'm gonna swing by Ayato, and then I'm visiting Hinami at Anteiku", I said as I threw the covers back.

"Alright", Kaneki answered.

I climbed out of bed and walked up to him. He was still changing. I wrapped my arms around his waist from behind and stood on my tippy toes to kiss his neck. He made a small sound when my lips made contact with his skin, and I smiled.

Then he moved, making me look up at him. He turned around and stared into my eyes for a brief second before pulling me close to him and kissing me. I closed my eyes as I kissed him back.

Before things could get more heated I pulled back. I looked up into Kaneki's eyes as I gently caressed the side of his face.

"I have to go", I softly said. "Before I get... occupied here."

"Of course", Kaneki answered with a sweet smile.

He briefly kissed me before he let me go. Then I walked to the door. I knew I was still wearing my pjs, but I didn't care.

"I'll see you later", I said as I opened the door.

Kaneki nodded and I exited the room. I walked down the hall until I reached Ayato's room.

I knocked on the door. There was no response, so I just walked in.

Ayato was still asleep. I smiled as I walked up to him. I brushed his hair out of his face and gave him a small kiss on the top of his head. He didn't move.

I quietly walked back to the door to let him sleep and walked out into the hallway. Then I went to my own room. Once I was there I walked straight into the bathroom.