Three

I was on my way to the top floor, where Tatara had summoned me. Thank god I wasn't all the way downstairs when he did so, but in my own room, which was about halfway to the top of the building. I was walking the stairs like a normal person this time, since I was in no rush. Tatara was not a very likable person to most, but I didn't dislike him. I always found him kind of intriguing.

Once I reached the top floor I walked into the room Tatara was usually in. I saw him looking out the window.

"Tatara-san", I said with a nod. "You summoned me?"

He turned around to face me and gave me a small nod.

"Yes, Eiko. I did", he said. "I need you to lead a mission in the 23rd ward."

"The 23rd ward?", I asked. "That's where Cochlea is."

"That's right", Tatara said. "I need you to spy on Cochlea to see if there is a possibility of a raid. We have a lot of valuable members in there."

I was silent for a moment, thinking it over.

"How many ghouls would I have to take with me?", I asked. "And could I pick them myself?"

"As many as you want, and you could pick them yourself. As long as they're available", Tatara answered.

I was just about to say something when Tatara interrupted me.

"Which means you can't take Eto and Ayato with you."

I sighed. Then I started thinking about all the Aogiri members I could stand for more than 10 minutes, which weren't that many. Then I thought of one person I could do a long term mission with.

"Alright then, I'll take one other with me", I said. "Naki."

Tatara's emotionless eyes looked at me for a few moments.

"Eiko", he started. "Naki is imprisoned in Cochlea."

"Really?", I asked. "Since when?"

"Quite a while", Tatara answered.

"Oh, well", I shrugged. "I'll just go on my own then."

"Are you sure you don't want back-up?", Tatara asked.

"Unless you want me to kill them out of irritation or boredom, I wouldn't recommend sending back-up unless I call for it", I answered with a smirk.

Tatara gave me a small nod.

"Alright then", he said. "I would like you to leave in 3 weeks."

"Of course", I nodded.

Then I took a step back.

"Byeeee, Tatara-san!", I said as I turned around and waved. "Oh, one more thing."

"And what would that be?", Tatara asked.

"I would deeply appreciate it if the elevator would be fixed when I come back from this mission", I answered. "Just a suggestion."

Tatara nodded and I walked out of the room. Then I started descending the endless stairs.

****

And just like that, I was in the 23rd ward. Laying on a nearby hill, staring at the ghoul prison.

"This is so boring", I sighed to myself as I rolled onto my back.

I was about to fall asleep when I heard a noise at the bottom of the hill. I quickly got up and climbed into the tree I was laying next to. I hid in the tree as 2 investigators passed by below. I rolled my eyes and got 2 tiny microphones out of my pocket.