Twenty-two

After we watched a few movies it was starting to get dark and I began to get tired. I was sitting on the couch, snuggled up against Kaneki when my eyelids started to get heavy. Kaneki noticed and affectionately combed his fingers through my hair.

"Tired, princess?", he asked.

I just nodded.

"Let's go to bed, then", Kaneki mumbled and he got up.

I followed suit and stretched. I had no idea what time it was, but I just followed Kaneki into the hallway.

"Uta, we're heading to bed", he announced.

"Goodnight", I shouted even though I had no idea where Uta was.

"Goodnight", I then heard his muffled voice from downstairs.

"Come on", Kaneki mumbled and he nodded towards a door.

I followed him into a bedroom. I then realized I was still wearing those stupid bloodied and ripped clothes. I was debating in my head if I should take them off when Kaneki handed me his shirt.

"You can wear this", he said with a small smile.

"Thanks", I mumbled. "I'm just gonna take a shower real quick to wash off the remaining blood."

Kaneki nodded. Of course I wanted to shower, but I also wanted to go to the bathroom because I was too shy to change in front of Kaneki. I walked out of the room and into the hall. Then I walked into the bathroom.

"Uta literally has three bedrooms here, but for some reason he only has one bathroom", I muttered to myself as I locked the door behind me. "Why."

I stripped of my own clothes and threw the ripped ones in the trashcan. I put Kaneki's shirt on a cabinet and stepped into the shower. I turned it on and let the warm water run through my hair and rinse my skin.

Once I'd cleaned myself completely I got out of the shower and searched the cabinets for a towel. I found one and dried my body and hair. Then I got dressed again and looked in the mirror.

My red stitches were very visible against my light skin. I was happy to see that I wasn't injured anymore, except for the stupid cut from my kakuja shard, that is. It was still there, and the soap stung when I washed my hair. I shrugged and unlocked the bathroom door.

When I swung the door open I almost hit Uta in the face with it. I swiftly took a step back.

"Sorry", I said quickly.

"That's fine", Uta said as he blinked a few times.

Then I realized I was only wearing a long shirt and underwear and quickly ran past him.

"Goodnight", I said as I ran into the hall.

"Goodnight", Uta mumbled.

I quietly opened the door to the room where Kaneki was since I didn't know if he was already asleep. When I walked inside he moved a bit, but he was asleep.

I quietly walked to the other side of the bed and got in. I pulled the covers up and laid down. Kaneki was laying with his back towards me, so I just laid on my side, facing the wall. Then I heard him move and felt his arm around my waist. His breath tickled my neck as he spooned me. I covered his hand with mine and closed my eyes, quickly dozing off into a deep sleep.

****

When I woke up I felt Kaneki's breath against the back of my neck. I smiled to myself as I carefully removed his arm from my waist. I quietly got out of the bed and rummaged through the cabinets, where I found some sweatpants. I put them on before walking out of the room, on my way to the kitchen.