Eight

On my way back to Aogiri I decided to hold a slaughter part. By the time I left HySy it was dark anyway, so I didn't have to wait for that.

I put on my mask and walked into the restaurant I'd picked. I got some weird stares because I was wearing a mask, but other than that all the customers ignored me.

'Stupid humans', I thought to myself. 'They don't care about anything until it endangers their life.'

At the time I didn't realize how hypocrite I sounded. I walked straight into the kitchen, ignoring the waiter who asked me to stop because it was only for personnel. I blocked the kitchen door so no one would disturb me and looked around. All the staff looked at me, wondering what I was doing there. I looked at all of them and put my finger in front of my mask.

"Shhh", I shushed.

Then I grabbed the closest person by the neck and ripped out their throat. Some of the other kitchen staff was about to scream. I could see it because of the way their throats tensed up. So I quickly pierced their chests with my rinkaku kagune. Of course by then they realized I was a ghoul. One of the chefs fainted, which made me chuckle.

Then I went on to the next person, letting my rinkaku kagune disappear to make room for the koukaku one. I slashed a girl's throat, enjoying the blood spraying on my mask. Then I turned to the right, slashing at an elderly man on the chest. He fell down and I smiled behind my mask. I made my way to the next person, cutting their head clean off. Then I let my koukaku kagune disappear and let the four tentacles of my rinkaku kagune shoot out in different directions, killing the last few people in the kitchen. I chuckled.

I made my way to the office of the restaurant, stepping over the bodies of the kitchen staff. I looked for the fuse box, which I found in a dimly lit hall attached to the kitchen. I opened it and ripped the cables, making the entire restaurant go dark. Then I went back, glad I wasn't completely blind in the dark. I opened the kitchen door and quickly walked past all the panicked people. I locked the front door with the keys I found in the office and turned back to the blinded people.

'Idiots', I thought to myself and I surged forwards.

****

I was standing in the shower, washing off all the blood. I let the water rinse my body and turned off the shower. Then I put a towel around myself and looked in the mirror. I inspected the stitches on my arm, which stopped at my wrist. Until then I always hid them because I thought people would think I was crazy. And I mean people who didn't already know I was crazy. But when I saw Rei wearing his stitches so openly I realized I couldn't care less what people thought of me.

I grabbed a thread and a clean needle out of my bathroom drawer. The thread was a red/pink-ish color which matched my eyes. I smiled and got to work.

****

"Ayato-chan!", I said as I ran up to him in the common room.

"What is it, Eiko?", he asked as he turned to me. Then he froze. "You extended your stitches?"

I nodded. For the first time I was wearing a sleeveless top, which exposed the stitches spiraling down my left arm and now also my hand and middle finger. I didn't close the top button and it showed the line of stitches running down my neck.

Ayato softly traced his fingers across the stitches under my left eye and the corner of my mouth.

"They suit you", he said softly. "I don't get why you always hid them."

"You know Aogiri wouldn't approve", I mumbled, glad Ayato apparently didn't know 'investigator Suzuya' had the exact same stitches on the other side of his face.