Four

"Oh, come on", I whined, ignoring the screams coming from the other side of the door. "Just for a minute."

"No", the ghoul standing guard at the door said.

"Are you sure about that?", I sweetly asked, activating my kakugan.

The ghoul gulped. My reputation was well known. Everybody knew I was psychotic and that I lost my temper quite easily.

"Yes, Demon-sama", the ghoul answered. "I can't let you in."

"So be it", I whispered.

I turned around and heard the ghoul sigh in relief. I activated my kagune, piercing him through the chest. He collapsed. I giggled and turned back to the door, not noticing that the screams had stopped. I was just about to enter when the door opened to reveal Yamori, wearing his mask. He closed the door behind him and took it off. Then he blankly stared at the heavily wounded guard on the floor.

"Really, Eiko?", he asked, sounding bored.

"He wouldn't let me in", I mumbled in a whiny kid's voice.

"I won't let you in either, so bug off", Yamori said and he nudged the guard on the floor.

I sighed and deactivated my kakugan and kagune. I could probably take Yamori as long as he wouldn't inject me with his stupid rc-depressors, but I had experienced his torturing skills firsthand and didn't want to go through it again. I was a bad girl, which was something Aogiri noticed less than two weeks after I joined them. Having me tortured was their attempt at containing me. It did quite the opposite, sending me on my biggest slaughter party ever after Yamori released me, but I didn't feel like getting tortured any time soon.

"Fine", I said through clenched teeth.

"Don't let me catch you here again, Eiko", Yamori mumbled as I walked away.

****

I opened Anteiku's front door, ignoring the 'closed' sign. Everyone looked up with surprise as I walked in.

"Good afternoon!", I said as I sat down at the bar.

I looked around to see that the cafe was pretty damaged.

"What happened here?", I asked as if I didn't know.

"Aogiri kidnapped one of our waiters", Yoshimura said.

I studied him, as I knew he was Eto's father. I had to say, I didn't see the resemblance.

"I see", I mumbled.

"Did you perhaps not see the sign on the front door?", Yomo asked as he narrowed his eyes at me. "We're kind of busy."

"Oh, I did", I answered with a smug look on my face. "I was just in the mood for coffee."

Yoshimura nodded, seeming unfazed by my visit, and poured me a cup. Yomo looked like he was about to kill me and Touka ignored me as she kept cleaning. Then the little bell rang as the door opened.

"Nishio", I greeted, the contempt clear in my voice.

"Eiko", he answered in the same tone, not bothering to look me in the eye.

I had encountered Nishio a couple of times on the streets. He was one of the few ghouls outside of Aogiri who knew I was The Red Demon. Although I think Yoshimura knew too. He somehow knew almost everything.

"Yomo-kun...", I started. "What do you think of Ayato Kirishima?"

I was trying to irritate him, and I knew it was working. Nishio narrowed his eyes at me and Touka looked up at the mention of her brother.