Fourteen

By the time I left Kaneki's room it was almost noon. I made my way to my own room, where I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth before getting dressed. It was time for my slaughter party, but I had a more special one in mind for today. Little to no humans would be killed. There were only ghouls on the guest list for tonight.

But of course I had to wait until it was actually nighttime, so I decided to swing by Anteiku. I opened the door and stepped inside. It was Saturday, and Touka was working.

"Good afternoon, Touka-san", I said as I sat down at the bar.

"Good afternoon", she answered as she dried some cups. "Coffee?"

I nodded and she poured me some. I looked around as I took a sip. No human customers. I was just about to ask Touka what she thought of the restaurant when the door opened. It was Shuu Tsukiyama.

"Fuck", I cursed under my breath.

I didn't need him to tell Touka I was with Kaneki yesterday, or that I was with Aogiri. I looked down and avoided eye-contact. Unfortunately he sat down two chairs away from me.

"Tsukiyama, are you alright?", Touka asked him. "You don't seem like your usual cheerful self."

"Just some... Complications", Tsuki answered. "Apparently Aogiri doesn't like me tracking Kaneki in the 18th ward."

"They attacked you?", Touka asked, sounding shocked.

Tsuki nodded.

"Kaneki-kun and the Red Demon", he said before he took a sip of the coffee Touka poured him. "She wasn't wearing her mask, but her kagune was the same as the night of the raid. For some reason she didn't want me to say her name. I don't think Kaneki knows who she is."

"Can you believe this?", Touka asked as she suddenly turned to me.

I decided to make a bold move, since I didn't think Tsukiyama would dare to rat me out.

"Believe what?", I asked as I sat up straight.

"That Kaneki is working with The Red Demon and probably doesn't even know it", Touka answered.

"Mhm", I mumbled as I took a sip of my coffee.

"Wait...", Tsukiyama began as he turned to me.

"Tsuki", I said to shut him up as I looked him in the eye.

"What did you just call me?", he asked with a frown.

Touka let out a small giggle.

"Could you describe the girl who attacked you?", I asked Tsukiyama with a raised eyebrow. "The Red Demon."

He was silent for a moment as he tried to read me.

"Not really", he then carefully said. "It was pretty dark in that alleyway, I just saw her kagune."

"Such a shame", I said as I turned back to Touka and took another sip of my coffee.

"Did you really just call him Tsuki?", she asked.

I nodded as my lips curled into a small smile.

"Please don't ever call me that again", Tsukiyama said as he took a sip of the coffee Touka gave him.

"We'll see", I said with a smile.

Touka then excused herself to go clean the tables and take some orders. I waited until she was out of earshot before turning to Tsuki.

"What are you doing here?", he hissed.

"I come here very often", I shrugged.

Then my gaze turned cold.