Chapter 48: People change

3rd Person's POV

It has been 5 days since Luhan had been staying at the hospital and had been undergoing several check-ups. Maevic would still hesitate to leave Luhan and get some rest and sooner or later, there's no doubt she would get sick.

Until one day, EXO's manager had pleaded her to go home even for just few days and have proper meal. She was having second thoughts but she gave up.

She stayed at Luhan's former house, cleaned the house, cooked both of Luhan and her favorite dish. She was eating slowly and spacing out as she remembers Luhan. Having hallucinations that he was seating beside her, smiling and laughing as he eats until she came back to her senses when someone knocked on her door.

At first she was thinking not to entertain who was outside until the knocks on her door got louder and heavier.

“What are you think--!” she was cut off once she opened the door and the man standing in front of her surprises her.

Maevic's POV

“W-what are you doing here?” I asked with my eyes almost wanted to run away leaving my body, screaming.

“You didn't even say goodbye in a proper way so how come you'd ask me that question?” he was irritated and his eyebrows were furrowed.

“It was an emergency Gerald. It was Luhan.” I replied turning my back to him and sat on the sofa.

“It was always him” it was a murmur but it was clear enough for me to hear.

I glared at him and he did too but removes away his stare after a few seconds. He stood up and stroll around the house wearing that old poker face that I don't like.

“What is wrong with you?” I asked him following where he was walking.

“You know what I shouldn't have brought you here” he replied as he stayed in front of the table where pictures of Luhan and I were being displayed.

“What are you talking about” I was glaring at him though he was facing back.

“If I didn't brought you here, you were mine already. But I took the wrong path, I was thinking of you, thinking how I could make you happy and I exceeded. Now I was the one suffering” he looked at me, he was red, and I could sense anger and jealous in him.

“Clear things up Gerald. I don't understand you.” I shook my head in dismay.

“You don't understand? Or you just kept on ignoring my feelings? Come on Maevic, I'm not that stupid as you think.” He was now angry.