Chapter Twenty-Five

Helen's POV

          I saw Ariana and Justin pull up at the parking lot, but I didn't see Jake. o.O Where was he? I was just walking toward them...when the Papparazzi came along. "We're here, live with teenage heart throb, Justin Drew Bieber. And...what this looks like is 2 girls with him." The lady says to her camera. Oh god...

        When I reached Ari, I whispered in her ear, "Where's Jake?" Ariana was just about to reply when I felt a strong hand clasp onto my wrists pulling me back to the trailers. It was Justin. "Come on. We've got more important things to do.. We'll stop in front of our trailers, answer a few questions, then I've gotta tell you two something. It's about a phone call I got earlier..." 

       We finally reached our trailers, so we stopped to answer any questions they had. "Hey Justin, we heard you're out here on tour with some singers from 'The Voice'." He then says, "Yeah, that's true. And it's been...amazing so far." He fakes a smile. When suddenly, one reporter faced towards me, "Hey...you're Helen Gonzalez, aren't you?" "Yeah. Am I famous already? Haha." I try to be as cheery as possible. 

When will they leave? :P

        "You could say so.....But- aren't you Bieber's former-former girlfriend?" I pause a bit to answer..."Yep, that's me. But no worries...I've moved on (:" Then the news reporter says, "So, is Justin getting back with his former girlfriend before Selena or is this just friends with benefits?" 

            "What'd you say?" Justin looked mad. "I think you heard very clearly what I said. It's okay Justin. No secrets with us, huh?" And then she attempted to wink. "Is that what you take me for?" Justin's voice emphasizing the word 'that'. The reporter looked a bit surprised. She didn't know how to reply.. "Well, let's be a little real here. I don't work that way. I loved Selena, and couldn't believe that there was an ending to our love story. And now that I finally move on, you bring relationships back into my life? You question my status?!" He demanded. 

              "I - I... I'm sorry, sir. I didn't -" "You didn't mean to, but you did. You hurt me, and did a pretty good job at that. Look, I'm not looking towards love as much anymore..." He sighed. "If you won't mind, can you please excuse us?" He walks into his trailer and shuts the door. 

          The lady walked away, "Turn off the camera." "But Ma'm...the show..." "Turn it OFF!" Then they left. After a few more camera shots and videos, the papz left us alone. After the incident...they all were clever enough to keep their mouthes shut. Ariana also walked into her trailer and closed the door behind her. I wonder what went wrong with her. And...gosh, I didn't know good-old-tough-and-flirty Justin had such feelings stored in him. 

Justin's POV

             I couldn't take that anymore, and left the crowd hanging. I shut the door and took a seat. I replayed the moments of me and Selena together. The only moments of happiness...My 3rd love. Yes, I said 3rd. My 2nd love...is my mom. And my first...is Ariana. I couldn't accept it before...but...I do now. 

             I purposely left out that I am still looking at one last chance of love...the last ray of light in my world... 

Ariana's POV

             When the dating topic came up, it rang a bell. The bet.. If he wasn't looking toward love, he was definitely after lust. Augh, it grosses me out to think of it that way. I don't know why I cared. I mean... 

            That's it, I'll just make sure that I don't fall for him. I can be friends with him all I want, and be careful that he REMAINS in the friend-zone. I hope we can just get this journey over with. Find Kylie. Get to the UK. Make sure my mom is healthy enough to travel back. Come back. Finish the show.  And then back home... If I can still call it home. 

           I looked at the framed picture of our family when I was younger. There was me, mom, dad, and my older brother (by one year). A tear found it's way down my cheeks, in the memory of my brother and dad. I lost them both, now... :'( 

_______________________________________________________

A/N- Brother? BROTHER? Ariana had a brother? And what about the scene, huh? We found out some pretty small things and big things...that if we put together, will make a huge picture. But we don't know them all yet. And the next chapter is in KYLIE'S POV! :D Until then <3