Chapter Thirty-Four

Sidenote: That picture on the side is suppose to be Helen ^-^ 

Goal for Votes: 8 votes or more

Jake's P.O.V. 

        I didn't feel like going to check out the venue for our next concert. Besides, I had to hold the next vlog thing for the show. We haven't been doing vlogs for a while to play back on The Voice, so yeah. And I guess, to tell you the truth, I couldn't handle being with Kylie. I did manage to kiss her, and so now she probably has a part in her that secretly hates me. If I was in her place, and some random weirdo just kissed me, I wouldn't want to be near them either. I planned on giving her some space. 

-10 minutes later-

      I had just finished editing the vlog a bit, and I was sending it over to Adam over video chat. "Yep, and here, I've just transferred it to you. It should take about 3 minutes max to upload fully." I said. "Good, our viewers were about to get mad about what happened to 4 of our contestants." Adam replied. I gave him a half smile. "So, how are the concerts going, Jake? And why didn't you accompany the rest of the group?" He asked me. I said, "I had to do the vlog, that's why."

    He looked at me, "Hmm, right. There's more to it, isn't there?" I gave up on lying, and nodded. He added, "Okay, well I hope you get your situation sorted out. The file's been transferred, thank you. Even if you stayed back for a different reason, thanks for the updates on the group." I smiled, "No problem." I hung up, and then got dressed and decided to check on Mr. Max Howard. 

   When I got to his room, I knocked, and then heard Max groan, "Will you get the door, babe?" I heard more shuffling and then the door opened. I saw Veronica in a robe, "Hi...Jake, what brings you here?" "Oh, nothing, just wanted to check on my pal, Max. I was wondering if he wanted to hang out today." Max sat up right when he heard my voice. He approached the door with a blanket wrapped around him, "Hey, Jake. Err, weren't you leaving with the group to go do...something?" I nodded, "Yeah, but I cancelled. Come on, go get dressed and we're going on a little drive, cool?" 

   He paused for like 10 seconds, "Yeah, okay, sure. I'm up for it. I'll be out in a minute." I smiled and told him I'd be waiting in the car. Things were about to get a bit awkward. I had some questions to ask him. After a while, Max finally came down and sat in the seat next to me. "Hey, so...where to?" "Just a drive, and we'll have some conversation." I said. Max shifted in his seat. He seemed a bit uncomfortable. 

   "Alright then. Um, how's things with Kylie and the rest of the group?" He started. "Actually, she was what I wanted to talk about. I'm.. planning on asking her out, but I'm pretty nervous, dude, and I don't know what exactly to do." Max's eyes were wide open, "Really!? Wow. Is that why you brought me out here to talk about?" Now it did get awkward. I was asking her ex for advice on asking her out. And he didn't seem very happy. "Yep. This feels a little weird asking you this, but... could you let me in on a few things about her...like just help me find a place to take her when I do ask her and assuming she might say yes? I mean, you're good at this stuff, right?" Max glared at me for a moment, "Are you doing all this to make me jealous? Is that it? Listen, I didn't mean to hurt Kylie, okay? But I was better off leaving her this way then hurting her directly. Making me jealous or trying to get back at me is not going to help you whatsoever." 

     I had to admit, I was pretty speechless. Why was he telling me this? Probably because he actually is jealous. "So you're that kind of guy that wouldn't mind leaving Kylie to rot and taking her for granted. You just expect her to be there when you need her, but when someone else begins getting closer to her, you take ownership over her?" I demand. "Let's not go there, okay? But seriously, you don't have to pretend to like her- " I pulled the breaks on the car and stopped. "Bro, you almost got us KILLED. Why'd you stop the car?" I opened the car door on his side and pointed outside the car, "Get out." Max was shocked, "You don't mean it...do you?"