Chapter Twenty-Nine

Kylie's P.O.V.

        Max...That was his name. Realization filled my head. I still couldn't remember who exactly he was. He approached me, "Hey, Kylie! I've missed you so much. So, I decided to join you guys on tour!" Then he gave me a big hug. I couldn't help but hug him back. I released it, and said, "I'm sorry, but I don't remember you." "Oh I know, Ariana called me up and filled me in." "Oh.." I say, feeling stupid. 

       "It's okay, Kyles. Don't stress yourself, I'll just tell you how I am. I'm Max...your best guy friend (:" He gave me a smile. Something about that phrase felt wrong, but I shrugged that thought off. Suddenly, his phone started ringing. "Ah, sorry. We'll catch up later, okay? My girlfriend is calling me." He answered his call, and walked away with his suitcases. 

                                                                  -Nighttime- 

    It was 11pm. Exactly, when our concert finished. I never knew I could sing. Or - ehm, I probably did know before that incident thing happened. And that Julie, just does not know when to come out of her shell. She even skipped the concert. And so did Ariana. I wonder why.. 

     I was just passing through the hallway of the 78th story of the hotel we were in....when I overheard a conversation. "Way to dump her, Jerk!" That was Helen's voice. And way to dump who? Then I heard a smirk from someone else, "Thank you. I'm known to have pretty unique ways." That other voice sounded so familiar...

     "It wasn't a compliment, Max! You can't just take advantage of her memory loss." Her voice growing angrier and angrier. "Hate to break it to you sweetheart - But, I think I already did." Wait...no one else that I know of has memory loss..besides me. So, I still don't get what Helen's talking about. Not like we were dating...right?

      They paused for a while. Then Max spoke up, "At least I don't belong to her, anymore. Right, Helen?" I could feel a smile on his face. And not a good one. "No, Max. You listen, what I THOUGHT we had, was never there. So, don't even try to bring that relationship up to make me shut my mouth." 

      "It was worth a try, wasn't it? Besides I remember how hurt you were when you found out the truth..." He went on. "Just like how hurt she will be when she gets her memory back. What will you do then? How'll you explain the other girl?" "I'll tell her that I just...lost feelings for her.", he shrugged. 

     "Oh, you mean the same feelings you lost for the 8 OTHER girls? You mean the same feelings that were never there. You mean those made-up feelings in the body of a fake?" Helen said. "Watch that mouth of your's, Gonzalez." Before anything worse happened, I went into the room, in the hopes of stopping this commotion. 

       "I'LL WATCH IT, WHEN YOU DECIDE TO REVEAL THE TRUTH. WHEN YOU REVEAL THOSE 8 OTHER GIRL'S LIVES YOU RUINED. WHEN YOU TELL HER THAT YOU DIDN'T EVEN SPARE ONE OF HER BEST FRIENDS TO CHEAT ON HER WITH! HOW..How..you didn't even spare me..." She yelled as her last few words were like a whisper and her eyes turning red in rage. Then, her eyes softened up and looked sad when she noticed me. "Kylie...did you...?" 

     I heard it all. I was shocked. So shocked...that this all caused me a headache. I cried in pain, and everything blacked out... once again. 

Jake's P.O.V.

     I went to Kylie's room, and knocked on the door like 10 times. Maybe I pounded on the last 3 times. Then I heard yelling and crying coming from the hallway kitchen. I went in, and found Kylie on the floor while Helen and that...that blonde next to her. "What happened to Kylie?" 

       "Hey, back away from my girlfriend," Max said. "That's not what you told her.." Helen practically growled at him. He glared at her. I stood up, putting my hands in between them to stop the argument, "Hold up, hold up, hold up. Girlfriend? Kylie? Am I missing out on something..?" 

Narrator's P.O.V.

      Oh good lord, Jake. You have no idea what you're missing out on. Ariana + Justin = ? 

That equation is just not solvable right now. And the Max cheating on Kylie with like...9 other girls, one of them INCLUDING Helen. We all knew she was a bitch, but could there possibly have been a change? That's why she was standing up for Kylie? Jake is just about to find out that Kylie isn't even single. 

     And now that Kylie passed out...is there a chance of her memories coming back? Jake, Jake, Jake. You're not the only one. The whole gang is missing out on one thing or another. When will they all bond with trust, instead of the loose strings of lies, secrets, and hatred?