Chapter Thirty-Three

A/N - It's a longer chapter. Woohoo! You readers might want to listen to the reruns of  'Change My Mind' by One Direction in the first part of this chapter. When you get to the part that says 'Back to Me and Kylie's Present Moment', you can start playing reruns of 'Nobody Like Us' acoustic version by Justin Bieber. 'Change My Mind' is an external link, so just click on external link. And the 'Nobody Like Us' link is linked on the right of this page or in the Multimedia Box. I hope you enjoy the chapter <3 Dimples.Out.                                                         

                                                        The Call

Ariana's P.O.V

      I am so lost about my life. What's going to happen next? Where am I going to end up next? I used to be able to guess or think up all the possibilities. Now, it seems too complicated. I left the group in the lobby. I was walking up to my room when suddenly... RING. RING. RING. 

      What? Who would call me now? About everyone I know is either hurt, hates me, or with me right now. I looked at the name. Private Caller. Okay, well let's get this call over with. I answered, "Hello?" There was silence from the other line. "Hello? Who is this?" For some reason, all my instincts were telling me to stay on the phone. After about a minute of silence from both lines, someone spoke up, "Ar..Ariana..." It was the soft, innocent voice of a guy. "You sound so grown..." "W-Who is this? How do you know me?" "I just want you to know - I'm...sorry." Suddenly the line goes dead.

      I held the phone closer to me. I felt the presence of my dad with me. My eyesight started blurring out from tears. God, how much I miss him. How much I miss my mom. When I got to my room, I freshened up, and turned on the television. The t.v. came on to the news channel. That cheesy news channel that always lets you in on shit about teen/young adult celebrities and heart throbs. If you're lucky, it can also be good shit. The person was talking about some British boy band. One Direction, was it? 

    I never listened to their songs. I don't know why, but I wasn't a person that listened to much famous music. Part of Me by Katy Perry was an exception. I could relate to it. Apparently a song from their new album is coming out with a music video. They showed a teaser video. It was called 'Kiss You'. "Who would you rather want to be kissed by out of these five british cuties? Harry, Niall, Zayn, Liam, or Louis?" The host asked the audiences, of course. She said more, but I zoned out. 

    I zoned out the moment I heard Liam's name. He's not my brother, Liam, but..I don't know, I got this weird feeling from hearing his name. I brushed it off. You know, sometimes I secretly think I have sixth sense. I turned it off, and decided to try and sleep. I thought about the phone call. 

   "I just want you to know - I'm...sorry."

  The voice just wasn't willing to leave my head. Then I thought about it even deeper. Who could be one person that did something that they'd want to apologize, and that too, anonymously? This phone call gave me a different point of view, though. Don't do things you'll regret. Don't push people away, or they will completely erase you from their lives and you'll STILL be the one regretting. I feel like the person on the phone was someone that, perhaps, pushed me away. Did something? But what?! 

   I was pressuring myself too hard.

                          Recap Of Last Chapter In Thoughts

    When Justin came into my room that night, I was about to push him away, again... I was about to do the same thing to Kylie, as well. But when Justin brought up Liam, I remembered the call and even had the urge to tell him about it. That there may be a possibility that it was Liam. Then I realized how stupid I sounded. Even if it did sound stupid, I was the kind of girl that liked making impossible things come to life for a hobby. I'm going to have another mini journey of mine in the United Kingdom.

   Keeping connections may be painful, but they keep you happy - even if it's just for that moment, at least you lived a litte and lightened up. 

                      Back to Me and Kylie's Present Moment 

     "Wait, weren't you going to tell me something?" I asked Kylie. She hesitated, "I'm not sure if I'm ready..." "You came here with a goal, didn't you? You really wanted to talk about something." She decided she was ready, "Fine. But..can you not let anyone know?" I nod. "I..I already got my memory back, Ari."

   I sat there, shocked for a long time. "Kylie? You're back?" I was smiling like crazy. I hugged her, tight. "Ow..um, Ariana. Let's try and not lose my memory again this round on. And by that I mean, stop hugging me, or you might end up squeezing the life AND memory out of me!" 

     I let go. "Oh Kylie. You don't know how much I missed you. Even with you, you just didn't seem the same to me. You never looked at me as that girl you've been with everything through. Just, AUGH!" I hugged her again, "Like I've said before, I do have a lot to tell you. And this is the perfect time, don't you think?" We stayed up all night catching up with each other's lives. I left my idea about who the call might've been from out. That was for later. 

    The whole night zoomed by, and we couldn't even tell. We both got a text from Helen. She was asking us to get dressed. Another day in the life of "Mini Fame". We named it mini fame for a reason. I guess it means, we're on the way to fame, and people do come to see us at our little concerts- but it's not usually for us. It's either for Justin Bieber or for the judges of our show. Kylie left to go take a shower and get dressed. I did the same. 

    Right before I stepped into the shower, I grabbed my laptop real quick. I went through i-tunes and searched up One Direction. I thought about it for a while. And then, I decided to go gradually (Meaning, I'll download Liam Payne's Solos first and then download all of One Direction's music later). So, I went to a different website - where you could buy/download all the solo's of one certain person from a band. I typed in Liam Payne Solo's.

    I bought it through my i-tunes account, and I downloaded it into my I-Pod. I listened to his voice all throughout my shower. There was some magic to it. I felt close to the voice. I decided to think of Liam Payne as my real brother. One who doesn't know I exist. For now.

    I'm a pretty slow person, so by the time I got dressed and ready, everybody was already long gone. I thought I'd check Justin's room on the way, in case there's a possibility he was still in there. I was about to knock when suddenly I heard a keyboard begin playing. I held myself back from making a noise, and listened closely. Then I heard Justin start singing...

    The part of the lyrics that really got me to fall in love was the chorus.

You know there's no one, I can relate to

And know we won't find a love that's so true

                         ~Chorus

There's nothing like us, there's nothing like you and me

Together through the storm

There's nothing like us, there's nothing like you and me

Together.

I gave you everything, baby, everything I had to give

Girl, why would you push me away?

      It was a beautiful song. Beautiful voice. Melodic. And..well, sad. I wonder who it was dedicated to. I mean, the "pushing away" part kind of sounds like me, but I know it's not dedicated to me, because I just know. Remember, sixth sense and everything? This was definitely going to be stuck in my head, though.

     I just had to make sure Justin didn't hear me singing it anytime soon, haha. I finally knocked onto his door and walked in. "What did you hear?", was the first thing he asked me when I walked in. "Nothing...?", I lied and then changed the subject, "C'mon Justin, they need us, outside. We have to go check out the venue." He seemed a bit relieved, "Okay, wait outside for me." I walked outside, and hummed to the beat of his song...

La la la la la. There's nothing like you and me. La laaa laaaa...

________________________________________________________

Narrator's P.O.V.

Hey, hey, hey. One Direction's now in the picture. And we'll be hearing (maybe even seeing) more of Liam in the story. Now, I have to get this song out of my head. Love is in the airrrrMaybe I'll go listen to it. Bye guys ;)