Chapter Twenty-Four

*Back At The Studio*  Narrator's P.O.V.

          Max had recently landed into California for the big soccer game tomorrow. From the last call he got from Kylie, he knew something was up. So he stopped by the studios to check on her. He was just entering the front door when two strong hands held him back. 

        "Hey, I'm cool. So, just let me in." Max assures them. "We're sorry, sir. You're not allowed in here without a pass." A deep voice said. Max wasn't ready to give up though. So, he picked some cash from his wallet, "How much do you want? Take it or leave it."

      "Are you trying to bribe us, boy?" Both tall figures ask him. Max nods, "Anything to get in. In fact, my dad happens to be a multi-millionaire. So, what do you say?" He smirks a bit, thinking they'll agree.

     "And we just happen to be the guard of a studio containing extremely famous celebrities. Haha, get lost, kid." One of them reply. That was when Christina walked by. Max spotted her and yelled out her name, "CHRISTINA  AGUILERA!!" Christina stared at the boy. She was just about to make a run for it, when he yelled again, "Noo, wait! I'm here to see someone!" She turned back around and headed for the door. "Who do you wanna meet? I'll assure you, that person is probably unavailable." 

      "Um...Kylie Morgan?" Max responds. "Hmm...why do you wanna talk to her?" She asks, a little suspicious. "She's my girlfriend from back home..." He says. "Ah, I see. Yeah, like I said....she's not available." She replys.  

     "What? Why not..?" He asks. "She and four other people were chosen to tour some other parts of the US and the UK." Max's mouth drops wide open, "WHAT? UK? She didn't even bother telling ME? Where are they now then?"  "Should be in Colorado for the next 6 days. And, why do you need her now?" 

         "She is my girlfriend...just checking on her..." He lies a bit. "You should know better. She's joined a t.v. show, so obviously she's gonna be busy." Christina tells him. "Yeah, but she won't even answer my calls!" Christina looks at him, "We'll make a deal. If you get to talk to her once...you'll leave the studio alone. Not meaning to be a jerk or anything, but yeah." 

          "I'll call one of the other people that went with her." She lets him know. By other people, she's practically saying Justin. Here's how the phone convo went...

JB- Hello?

Christina- Hey, Justin. 

JB- Oh...uhmm, Christina. What's up?

Christina- A lot. Why hasn't Kylie been answering her calls? 

JB- Oh..uh. I'm not sure. She must've switched it off for the day...

Christina- Justin, you're hiding something, aren't you? 

JB- What? No. What makes you say that..?

Christina- Justin, you're a singer...not an actor. Quit pretending and spill it, before I appear in Colorado.

JB- I really don't think this is a good time. 

Christina- What's.Going.On. *demanding voice*

JB- We ran into some trouble along the way...involving Kylie. *voice cracking again*

Christina- WHAT? But this is only your first day!

JB- That's what makes a little worse...

Christina- Okay..tell me exactly what happened.

JB- I...I... *background chatter and windows tapping* Look, some papz caught up with me while I was trying to get to my trailer. I'll call you back some other time. 

Christina- Justin? What? Justin...Noo! You can't just make excuses to not tell me...

JB- *cuts the line*

Christina- *sighs and hangs up*

                  Max was looking at her. "Uhm...I'm guessing you don't have good news..." She shakes her head. Max looks down at his watch. "It's getting late..I should get going. Big game tomorrow. And uh- yeah.."

                Christina looks surprised. "You mean you don't wanna know what happened to your so called girlfriend?" He shakes his head. "I think it's better I don't know..." "Suit yourself, but I'm gonna try my hardest to find out." She shrugs and walks off, when Max stops her. 

             "Wait...where am I gonna stay then?" He asks. "Sounds like a personal problem." She says and leaves him. Max was just heading out when he faced the guards again. "Think you guys can arrange a stay for me here?" By now, we've noticed...he probably doesn't have a place to stay. 

         "Why don't you get your snotty ass out of here and ask that rich father of your's to arrange a hotel stay for you?" The guards say. "You know what? I WILL. If you were working for me, you'd be dead right now." He glared at them. "You two are lucky I like this show..." 

        He huffed a bit, and flipped his blonde hair. He walks out, gets into his van, and drives away...

One night's been through, do you think Kylie will EVER be found? 

____________________________________________________________________________

A/N- Is Christina gonna find out easily? What will happen when the papz ask Justin any questions about Kylie? And will Max go after Kylie to Colorado...or another stop of the tour? Will Kylie even be FOUND. ;D Wait, my aliens. Just...wait..