Chapter Twenty-Eight

Jake's P.O.V

          "Why can't you just tell me who he is?" I ask Helen, while she's trying to get rid of me. "Cause it's a lot better if you DON'T know." She replies. 

"What's so big about him that you can't tell me?"

"Just stop worrying about this, Jake."

       And of course, that encourages me to go on, "No. She's gotta have some connection to this guy.." Helen turns around, faces me, and sighs at the sight of me,"Sorry, Jake. But you'll find out when you do...." Suddenly, her eyes opened wide and her mouth shut immediately.

       I follow her gaze to the area near the boxes and speaker sets. There... stood a blond boy. With one glance at him, I got a feeling that I seriously am not gonna like this.

Justin's P.O.V. 

       Some blond dude made his grand entrance, and everyone seemed to be reacting to it. Everyone was surprised for some reason. I walk to Ari, who seems to be wearing that same expression, too. "Uh...should I know who that is?" She broke out of her expression, "Never too late to find out. But I'll just tell you. His name is Max." 

        "Max...?" I ask, the name still not ringing a bell. "Kylie's boyfriend." My eyes probably popped wide open, because Ariana added, "Why look so stupid, Bieber?" "What?" I say. "Never mind, you moron." She yells back, as she's walking away. I catch up to her, and grab her hand, "No one can just throw names at me and get away with it." I warn her. "What happens if they do get away with it?" She questions. "That's never happened-" She interrupts me, "Never happened, until now." 

        "Okay, now you're just really asking for it..." "Am I?" She says sarcastically, and continues, "What're you gonna do about it?" My hands began searching through the plastic bags, that I was carrying in my hand, for the can. The octopus eyeballs can. I swear, this might the last time she'd like to mess with me. And..er... don't ask why I got it. I had another feeling that it might come in handy. I'm a prankster, you know? "Justin...you've been taught well," I thought to myself. 

Ariana's P.O.V. 

      I raised an eyebrow. What was that guy up to? He was digging through some plastic bags that he was carrying before. I think this is my cue to escape.... I was just walking away, and about 10 seconds later I get splashed! With water, I hope. I turn around and observe my back at once. I found about...what, 50 billion eyeballs stuck to my back? 

      Yeah, just my luck. That was gonna leave a stain. "Really, Justin? Fake eyeballs. Amateur much?" I say. "Who says they're fake?" He smirked. O_O Panic Mode. 

       "NOO! NOO! NOO! YOU. DID. NOT. JUSTIN DREW - AUGH, I CAN'T EVEN PULL THE FULL NAME CARD! YOU'RE SUCH A-" I kept yelling. At the same time, I was trying my best to whack the gooey stuff off my back. I stole a look at Justin. He was rolling on the floor laughing, literally. "Get it OFF!" I yelled some more, grabbed some spare clothes, and ran to a bathroom, in the nearest building. I changed, and came out 20 minutes later. 

        Justin was laid back on a chair, with his arms crossed. "Finally done?" I glare at him, "This isn't over." I hid a paintbrush covered in paint, ready to splattered at. I also brought a tiny bucket of paint. "Nahh, I declared it over the moment you began screaming." He chuckled some more. I ignored him. "Just to let you know, you're gonna regret wearing that shirt." He sat up, and cocked his head, "Is that so?" Right then, I continuously splattered the paint at him. 

       And when I got the chance, I dumped the whole bucket of blue paint at his face. Haha, that would teach him. He stood right up, and tried to wipe some of the paint off of his eyes. He's walking toward me. He spreads his arms out, "C'mon Ari. Give your old bud a hug." I knew he wanted to get paint on me. I backed away...quicker by the second. Then he started chasing after me. I wasn't ready to give in. I lead him straight to the place where I found my first bucket of opened paint.  Could I be stupider? 

        About 100 different colors of paint, wide open, and put in a perfect array. I looked at him, and he grinned evilly. That was never good...before I could think more, he threw a big can of purple paint at me. "This color suits everyone better." He laughed. Soon enough, it turned into a paint war. 

****One Hour Later****

       We'd just finished a video chat with Christina, Adam, and Cee Lo. Boy, were they shocked. Adam chuckled and recommended that we get cleaned under a hose or sprinklers. Sprinklers meant grass. Grass meant wet grass. Wet grass meant mud -.-. So, of course, we chose the sprinklers xD. 

        We were doing another game of tag. I never felt so free. I was running so quickly, that for a moment I forgot we were on (wet) grass, and I slipped. But luckily, he caught me. "Gotchya," he smiled. "Thanks." I said. "Thanks for helping you lose our game? Well, I can see where that comes from." He says arrogantly. 

       I frowned. You can't even be nice to this guy. I got up and out of his arms, and folded my arms. I was just walking away (the third freakin' time!) from him, when he held my elbow, causing me to stop. He pulled me toward him, and we touched. His chest against mine. Our eyes met, the second time today. You know...I think I keep count of things too much...Then, I shook myself out of my stupid thoughts and came back to reality.  

      There was a twinkle in his eyes, that made me blush. I could hear the fast pace of his heart, and him breathing slowly. Quicker then imagined, our lips touched. I wrapped my hand behind his head...and as if in cue, he put his arms around my waist. It felt so right...so amazing. His tongue was asking for entrance into my mouth...I gave in. I caught a glimpse of him smiling through the kiss, and I closed my eyes again, not wanting to let go. But then, I realized what was going on, and I immediately pulled away. 

      I ran my fingers over the lips that were just touched by his.. I was breathing heavily.."No...tell me, I didn't just..." I say aloud, not ready to believe it. "You did. We kissed, Ari. I...I think I've fallen for you, Ariana." I couldn't resist his perfect smile, his cocoa brown eyes, and the kiss. The kiss had everything I'd ever wanted there to be in my first kiss, and maybe more. But- what am I saying? This...this all. It's all a set up. It was all for that stupid- that stupid bet. He asked for....3 months? He's not getting me...no...

     "I can't believe you would go through all this trouble...for a bet. I just..." I let out a sigh. "Bye, Justin." I distaned myself from him. I felt like slapping myself for being so stupid. For actually falling for him... again. Augh..I felt like crying, I felt like calling my mom, I felt like going to Kylie or Helen for a hug. I needed someone. Especially NOW, that I realized that my feelings for him had never left.

They were merely hidden... 

___________________________________________________________

A/N- This was one of the first Arstin or Jariana (you choose) moments. But it ends terribly.. Will Ariana ever be able to believe Bieber? And has Bieber really fallen for her or it's, of course, the bet. 

Plus, how about Max? He's finally in the picture (and he'll actually be doing some extra-extra things in the next chapter. And a big secret will be out...) Now, even Justin knows Max. But what will Jake do when he finds out o.O ? 

Vote and Comment! ^-^