Chapter Twenty-Three

Jake's P.O.V. 

       We'd just gotten a call from evil genius, Helen. She didn't sound like her normal self. But then again, I don't like her normal self. "Guys, she wants us to go back. Then we'll resume the search. Should we...?" Ariana asks us, keeping the phone on hold. Justin agreed. I kept quiet. 

      "Be there in a bit." She finishes up. And then cut the line. I was still sitting on the same concrete floor, Kylie had once set foot on. It was the only thing I had to remember her for now. Justin put his hand on my shoulder, "Come on, Jake. We'd better get going." 

    I still sat there. Not wanting to move one bit. They were walking out, when they looked back and noticed I still didn't get up. "What's wrong, love?" Ariana asks me sweetly. That's what she used to call me when I was younger. "Kylie's missing. I can't go back without her." I respond. 

     Ariana looks at me. "I wanna to look for her, too. And we will. But we gotta go back first. They want us. Then we'll continue the search WITH Helen. She cares, too, you know?" I nod slowly, in understanding. "Yeah...How about you two go back, and I'll keep on looking!" I jump up to my recent idea. 

Ariana's P.O.V.

    Poor Jake. I could tell from the moment he met Kylie, there was a spark between those two. He jumped up at the thought of actually finding Kylie. With one glimpse, I recognized the look in his eyes. Hope. "Are you sure? We couldn't do that to you. What if something happens to you?!" Justin adds in worry. 

      "No, I'm gonna be fine. Justin you were always there for me. Well...almost always. You never let me handle something alone,though. Let me be alone this once." Jake asks. I remember Justin never wanted Jake to be alone ever. Justin stared at him and me with the do-I-have-to look.

     "Trust me? Please." Jake still pleads. Justin sighs. "Alright then. But...be careful." His voice cracked a bit. Jake nods. Then Justin and I get into our two different cars, and head back to camp.

Justin's P.O.V.

      I got into the car and drove off. I can't believe I let Jake go on his own. I never did. Honestly, Jake must've really hated me when I mixed up his plane rides to California. I guess you could describe me as overprotective of him. He was one of the closest people I had to a brother. (A/N- In this story, he's an only child :D) 

      The reason I didn't want him becoming a singer is because that's when he'll begin his journey alone. Not because I was scared of him becoming a better singer than me. I hope nothing bad happens to him, too... 

Back to Jake's P.O.V. 

     I've been walking endlessly down the streets. I passed a few possible hiding spots. I even checked them out, but nothing. That was when I stumbled across a village near the beautiful mountains. I felt a good presence there. Like, I might actually find Kylie here. And that this place is the answer to all my problems. 

     If I was gonna find Kylie anytime soon, I'd better start walking faster. So, I began walking down the path to the small village...