Chapter Twenty-Six

A/N- Haii. So you all deserve the longest chapter I've ever written. In the celebration of Kylie's return to the book and...sorry for the long wait :\ Oh well, made it up, didn't I? Enjoy <3 

Kylie's P.O.V. 

        I opened my eyes, but was forced to shield them just as quickly. The bright sunlight poured in through the windows. I was in some sorta...middle eastern area, you could say. I explored from room to room. When I reached the bathroom, only then was when I noticed my head was bandaged, and suddenly my head felt heavy like there was a large weight being lifted on my head.

        I put my head down in pain, and noticed that my left knee was also in a cast. I guess the reason I didn't feel anything or realize I was limping, because it was numb and lifeless. I was just staring into my wandering light brown eyes, in the mirror, when a girl walked in. She was dancing to music blasting through her earphones, with her eyes closed. When her eyes finally opened, she stopped in her tracks. 

       She looked at me, and there was a frown on her face. She ran to my side, "Careful, you're still pretty critical." I looked at her...she looked like she actually cared about me. She brought me back to the room I woke up in. She took off my head-bandage, put medicine on my bruise, and wrapped a new bandage around my head. 

      "I'm glad you're awake. You can be my new friend!" I laughed at how she said that. "You sound like a little girl." She playfully folds her arms, "I've been told." We talked a little more, and then she asked, "What's your name?" My mind went blank. Nothing came up. I felt like it was at the tip of my tongue but wasn't agreeing to come out. "I..." I paused, trying to get my name back. "I don't know..." 

       Julie's expression seemed startled. "Man, I should've seen it coming. Your head must've been hit real hard. So, you lost your memory." Memory loss? First the injury, then the memory loss. What's next? "So, you're saying you found me laying on the side of a lake." "Yeah, actually my dad found you. And he brought you in. I'm actually studying to be a doctor, so I can help heal people really quickly." She blabbered on and on. Haha, she's adorable.

      After a while, we heard the front door open and close. "Julie, sweety, I'm home!" It was the voice of a woman. Julie yelled back, "Mom, come into our patient's room!" I heard the footsteps coming toward us. Then a woman came in, and she looked surprised to find me awake. "Hey, Mom. Welcome my new and improved sister." She said sarcastically, but her mom didn't seem to notice. "Now, Julie. You know she's not your sister. People might come here looking for her. And even if nobody does, she still can't live with us. No matter how much we'd like her to." 

     "Mom..you just ruined my perfectly fine mood. Why can't she stay with us, if no one comes looking for us?" Her mom sighs, "We just can't, Julie. You can't ALWAYS get an answer to your questions." I budged in, "Sorry..but..erm. I know you're not my family, but who exactly are you guys?" Her mom replied, "Ha, sorry. We're the Daniel's. You've already met Julie, I'm Jamie, and her dad is Johnathan." 

      "Do you know what else happened to me? Like, before I was found in the lake...?" She says, "Nope, we have no idea about the beginning of your story." I turned to Julie with pleading eyes. "I don't know who I am, where I am, or what happened to me." Her mom looked shocked again, and asked Julie, "She doesn't remember anything?" 

      "A temporary case of Amnesia." She says back, then Julie puts her hands on my shoulder. "Don't worry, girly. We'll give you a name...until you're...err...'found' " I smiled, "Whatever you wish, Sis." There was a twinkle in her eyes when she heard 'Sis'. "Good doing business with you." They both left 'my room' to go step up the table for dinner. Two questions roamed my mind. Did I deserve to forget everything...or was I just a victim?

Jake's P.O.V. 

        5 Days. 5 Dreadful Days, and still no clue of Kylie. I swear, I practically checked almost EVERY house on the block. Keyword...almost. It's also been five days without contact with the rest of the gang. That was when a car pulled up. The driver pulled his window down. It was...Justin. 

     "Justin?", I ask. "Jake?" He put his car on park, and jumped out, "Jake, dude. Where have you been? Got any idea how freakin worried I was!" Then he gave me a hug. Brotherly or not, I felt like I was home. He let go, "Jake, where on earth have you been? You're phone's been switched off. And accoording to your last text...you were close to finding her." He said. "Yeah. I thought I was. And I still think I am. But- what made you guys think of checking the village?" 

      "This." Ariana said, and handed me a broken phone and some scraps of clothes. It had Kylie written all over it. "Where did you find this?" I ask. "We contacted a private investigator to help us find SOMETHING to point a direction towards where Kylie could be. He helped us find it at the edge of a desserted highway that only trucks use, and near that highway was a bridge, below that bridge is a lake that happens to be near a particular house in the village. It belongs to some guy named Johnathan Daniels and his wife." Justin says. "Yeah, we were just gonna go...check it out.", Helen finishes up. 

      They all looked miserable and out of tears. If that's how they looked, I was too scared to stare into the mirror. "Here get in. And rest, you really need it." Ariana smiles. "I think we all do. But... I'm restless. Even if I tried, I couldn't. So, what are we waiting for? Justin get the car off of parking mode, and drive to the house!" Justin chuckled. 

      When we finally arrived at the house, Helen was sound asleep. I immediately ran to the front door, and knocked on it and waited. No answer. I knocked again. No answer. I knocked a third time, and still no answer. Justin put his hand on my shoulder, "We'll come back some other time." We both had just turned around, when I heard the door open, behind us. 

     "Oh sorry, I was just in the shower." I turned around and looked at the girl. She had a towel holding her hair up, a tiny wound mark on the right side of her forehead, a large white bandage wrapped around her left knee, a robe covering her body, and she was wearing a warm familiar smile. I ran up to her and embraced her. "I can't believe it's you, Kylie! I've been searching for you everywhere...and...I miss you." I said all at once. 

     She held on for a while, but then I forced myself to let go. She looked down, guilty. "Look, I'm not Kylie, okay?" Helen came out of the car after hearing what Kylie just said. "Have you gone mad?" She stared at Kylie. "You're not Kylie, are you?" Ari says as she comes out of the car and approaches Kylie. "Show me the back of your neck." She added. 

      "What? Why?" Kylie asked. "I'm gonna give us all, and you, proof that you are Kylie.", Ari replies. "Okay then..." Kylie says. Ariana removes the towel off her head, and lets her wet brown hair fall down. Then put that over Kylie's neck. She pointed out a butterfly tattoo. "You've got a butterfly tattoo on the back of your tattoo, just like I thought." Ariana says. "So what..? Anyone can have a butterfly tattoo." Kylie adds. 

     "Not this one. It's one of a kind. Or three of a kind, you could say. It was one of Ariana's dad's originals." Helen said. "He decided to never put one on anyone else ever. Anyone...but us 3." Ariana says.  Helen and Ari both move their hair away and us the exact same tattoo on their necks. 

     Kylie was speechless. "I...I..I don't know. All I know is that...I'm known as Tracy Daniels. Please just...I need to be alone for a bit." We leave her to herself, but she lets us come in and rest or sit down and wait until her 'so-called-family' gets home. How can Kylie forget?

_____________________________________

A/N- Well..is Kylie ever gonna admit to losing her memory or is she gonna remain Tracy Daniels, a simple villager, for the rest of her life ? Giving up singing, her friends, and especially Jake...

Find out from the next chapter...or the next few chapters. ;D Thanks for reading. Comment, vote, all the other junk we wattpadders know how to do.

-Dimples Out!