Chapter Sixteen

Justin's P.O.V. 

        *Flashback* 

   We're running around in circles. "Give it back!" she whined. "Come and get it." I laugh. I was looking back focusing on her. Her eyes widened. "Justin, look ahead!" I wasn't falling for this trick. "Make me, won't you?" When all of a sudden, I tripped.

   Err. It hurt, real bad. I fell into a rose bush. "Oww! Mom!!!!!!" I dropped Ari's teddy, though. I saw Ariana going into the house, and coming back out twice as fast. Only this time she was joined by her mom. "Oh, you kids. Always getting into trouble." She said as she slowly, and carefully, picked out the pokey thingy's. I think it's called a thorn. I yelped in agony. 

    "Calm down. You'll be okay." Mrs.White told me. Once she was done, she carried me into their guest room, and laid me down. She placed some medicine thing on my cuts and then a billion bandaids over them all. Then she left the room to make some lunch for us. Through all the pain, I forgot about Ari. She was holding her Teddy, while standing next to the bed. She had puffy red eyes. 

    Then she placed her Teddy next to me. "Teddy, will make you feel better..." I looked at her. Was she crying for me? Weird girl. "No he won't. He doesn't have any magical powers." I say back.

   "No he does. He can heal you. You just have to give him some love." she says, while wiping her tears away. "Fine. But, why are you being a baby? You're 5 now. You're not suppose to cry." I ask. She replies, "I'm not being a baby. I just cried because you cried...It hurt didn't it?" 

   I nod. "But, it hurt even more, when you cried." I wiped her other tear away. I saw a smile form back on her face. "You won't EVER get hurt again. Promise me? And I'll promise not to cry again." She responds. "I won't, I promise." I smile back...And we did our special hand shake. (:

              *Flashback Ends*

     She promised me she wouldn't cry. I couldn't believe her mom was in the hospital. It felt like yesterday, when we were best friends, and getting into fights, and hurting each other. And annoying her parents. Haha. There was this once, her dad asked for the newspaper, and we gave him a magazine full of pictures of nasty girls. And- and...I wonder where it all went? 

     All our memories seemed to drain away as soon as we entered 8th grade. They were like my parents, because my mom wouldn't be around as much when I was younger... And now, I hear that one of my 'parents' are dead. I heard a knock on my dressing room door. I turned around to see Christina. 

    "Uhm..Justin, are you alright?" She handed me a hankerchief. I looked in the mirror. I saw my face full of tears. Guess, I didn't feel them streaming down my face. I wiped them off. "Yeah, I am. What's wrong?" 

     "Me, Adam, and Cee Lo agreed to let Ariana go. But she's gonna need a companion or chaperone judge. And we were hoping you could go..." She trailed off. I understood what she was saying. "Sure. But when the viewers ask, what do we say? Someone's death is pretty personal. We can't just tell the world." I point out. "Oh, we've got it all figured out..." She says. 

    She tells me the plan. She'll send a team member from each group. More like almost every group. Adam won't let anyone from his group go. But that's why we've got Jake, right? He'll be a late groupie of Adam's team. So, he's going, Helen, Kylie, Ariana, and Me. Time to tell the guys. Wonder if I can handle another adventure...