Chapter Thirty

Recap 

Jake's P.O.V.

         I stood up, putting my hands in between them to stop the argument, "Hold up, hold up, hold up. Girlfriend? Kylie? Am I missing out on something..?"

                                                         Resumed

           I looked toward Helen, in the hopes of explaining what's been going on. She calmed down a bit, and stepped up, "Jake, um...I don't know how to put this.." I looked at her confused, "Put what?" Max was just standing there in the corner of the room. He folded his arms, and looked down at Kylie. He seemed like he was- what was that word- guilty...

          Helen went on, "Kylie isn't exactly...single." I looked at Kylie's face. They always looked innocent when they weren't awake. It's hard to judge people these days. Maybe even the love of your life..."I kinda got that part. Go on with the rest of the story." "Her and Max, over here, have been going out for almost a year. But of course he had a flaw. He has a bad habit of playing with girl's feelings. So each month, he'd hook up with a different girl."

         I gulped. That was too much to take in at once. "Why..why didn't she tell me? How could she hide such a thing from me..?" My voice kinda cracked. Max left the room. I don't think he was interested in this at all. I thought about him. And then Kylie. I guess Kylie never was mine. "Obviously she still doesn't know about him cheating. I can't believe how blind people can be-"

      She cleared her throat, as if she realized she was referring to herself, too. "That's not the point. There's still a chance that she will seperate with Max. And...you and Kylie could be together. I think she probably liked you, that's why she didn't tell." 

       I took it all in. "I still don't think that's a good excuse. I'm more like the second option." Helen said, "You're not a second option. You're her first. If she had really liked Max, there would never be a second option." I sighed, "Let's at least take Kylie into her room." We both carried Kylie into her room. Helen seemed tensed, "So..uh..I guess I'll be going then." I felt like I was missing an answer to something. But then again, I've been missing out on a lot of answers. Then I remembered, "Helen, wait." 

         She turned around, "Yeah..?" "Why did Kylie faint? What was so special or shocking that you guys were talking about?" She began hesitating, "Jake. Can we not speak about this now? I need to-" I interrupted her, "No, we're gonna talk about this now. Tell me." My gaze continuously kept falling onto Kylie. Could she really like me? 

       "I was one of them." She finally let out. I was confused, "One of who?" 

"One of the girls that fell for his charms. His false promises. For Kylie's boyfriend. Someone that wasn't mine." There was that word again. Boyfriend.

"Guess we both know how that feels now..." I muttered.

"It's not funny, Jake. I really liked him. I really liked Justin, too..."

"What?" I was pretty sure I heard the last part wrong.

"Nevermind that. I'm gonna get going."

"I still don't get how you could do that to Kylie. What has she ever done to you? I mean I knew you were a bitch, but this is too far."

She looked at me, "Excuse you? Did I ask you what you thought about me? And I wasn't myself that point. I was tired of getting used over and over again. In fact, I was pretty sure that Ariana has replaced me with Kylie, too. It was my way of getting through it. But I don't even know why I'm telling you this."