The Astronomy Tower

Draco's pov:

I was lying in bed thinking about what (Y/N) said about our patronus. She was definitely the love of my life and I know she feels the same towards me. Though, tonight was the night. I have to complete my task... or the dark lord would kill me. I have to do it, so I could have a future with (Y/N). I have to kill Albus Dumbledore.

Your pov:

We had just apparated back from the cave and retrieved the horcrux. Dumbledore was weak. I spoke, "We need to get you up to the hospital, sir, to Madam Pomfrey-" "No. Severus... Severus is who I need... Go and wake him... Tell him what has happened... Speak to no one else... I... I shall wait here..." Dumbledore said, Harry and I nodded.

Then we heard footsteps coming up the stairs. "Hide yourself below. And do not speak or show yourself without my permission. No matter what." Dumbledore instructed. Harry and I hesitated, the footsteps were getting closer. "Do as I say." Dumbledore said and Harry and I went to the tier below.

Harry and I watched the scene through the floor boards. "Is that?" Harry whispered as Draco came into veiw. Harry's head shot to me as if telling me to answer. "I'm sorry." I whispered as tears threatened to fall. "Good evening, Draco. What brings you out on such a fine Spring evening? Or is it Summer?" Dumbledore said calmly.

Draco had his wand pointed at him. This can't be happening. "Who else is here? I heard you talking." Draco said. "I often talk aloud to myself. I find it extraordinarily useful. That which sounds sane at a whisper can seem utterly mad when said for all the world to hear. Haven't been whispering to yourself, have you, Draco?"

Draco eyed Dumbledore uneasily. "You're not an assassin, Draco." Dumbledore said. "How do you know what I am? I've done things that would shock you." Draco spat. "Like cursing Katie Bell and hoping she would, in turn, bear a cursed necklace to me? Like replacing a bottle of mead with one laced with poison. Forgive me, Draco, but these are attempts so feeble I cannot help but question if your heart has been really in them. I'm curious. When Voldemort gave you this task, when he asked you to kill me, was it in a whisper?"

"He trusts me! I was chosen!" Draco said and quickly lifted his sleeve up to reveal the dark mark. I put my hand over my mouth to muffle my tears and Harry looked at me. "I'm sorry." I whispered. He gave me sympathetically look and held me in his arms. "Then I shall make it easy for you." Dumbledore said.

"Expelliarmus!" Draco hissed and disarmed him. "Well done, Draco. But I warn you. Killing is not nearly as easy." Draco glanced at the stair case, Dumbledore noticed. "You're not alone. Are you. There are others. How?" Dumbledore asked. "The Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirement." Draco answered.

"That cabinet has been broken for years." Dumbledore replied. "I've been mending it." "Ingenious. Let me guess. It has a sister. A twin." "In Borgin & Burkes. They form-" "A passage, yes. Very good." Dumbledore's eyes shifted a bit then looked at Draco. "I once knew a boy years ago who made all the wrong choices. Let me help you, Draco." Dumbledore said.

"I don't want your help!" Draco snapped through tears. "If you love (Y/N), Draco, you wouldn't do this." "You really don't understand, do you!?" Draco snapped. "Expecto Patronum." Draco casted and a silver dragon came from his wand and flew around then disappeared. I gasped then Harry put his hand over my mouth. My love stone started glowing brightly and I quickly put my hand over it.

"(Y/N)? After all this time?" "Always." Draco said. "I want my future to be with her. If I don't do this my future will not only be without (Y/N)d... but it won't exist at all. Don't you see. I have to do it. I have to kill you. Or he's gonna kill me." Draco whispered the last part crying more. "Say that last part again, Draco. But aloud this time." Dumbledore said.

Draco started to slowly lower his wand then people came up and he raised it again. It was Bellatrix and two other deatheaters. "Well now, look what we have here. Dumbledore. Wandless and alone. Cornered in his own castle. Well done, Draco." She said.

I zoned out after that, all I could think about was Draco. I knew he didn't want to do this, he won't go through with it. And I don't know whether it was a good thing or a bad thing. I saw someone coming out of the corner of my eye. I looked and saw Severus with his wand out. I let out a sigh of relief and hugged him.

"Stay here and stay quiet." He whispered, Harry and I nodded. "No." Snape said walking up to the scene. Draco looked relieved and stepped back. "Severus... please." Dumbledore spoke. "Don't." Severus said. What is he doing? "Avada Kedavra." Dumbledore fell off of the astronomy tower... dead.

Harry and I looked shocked at the sight. I trusted Severus. He not only betrayed me, but he betrayed my mother. Bellatrix shouted and casted the dark mark in the sky. Once they all left Harry and I got back up. "I knew, I lied. I'm so sorry." I cried. "It's not your fault, princess." Harry assured.

"Draco had no choice. He was forced to do it." I defended. "It was always Snape." Harry said. "Snape." Harry and I said then rushed outside. We ran outside and saw Bellatrix light Hagrid's hut on fire. Draco looked at me with tear stained eyes. 'I'm sorry' he mouthed to me. 'I know' I mouthed back.

I adjusted my necklace as if telling him to look at it. The love stone was still glowing and Draco looked relieved. "Severus!" I snapped at him. I started casting spells at him but he blocked them. "I trusted you!" I shouted. "Fight back, you coward, fight back!" Harry yelled. Severus tried to shot a spell at Harry but I put up my shield.

Bellatrix tried to shot a spell at me but I put my shield up again. "No! They belong to the dark lord!" Severus snapped. "Sectumsempra!" Harry shouted but Snape deflected it. "You dare use my own spell against me, Potter? Yes, I'm the half blood prince." Snape said. "My mother trusted you." I said glaring at him.

Snape gave me one final look then left with the others. I made a small storm cloud over Hagrid's hut to put out the fire. Harry and I walked back to the castle hand in hand. Everyone was gathered around Dumbledore's body as Harry and I held each other crying next to him. People put their wands in the air and castle a small light to ease the mark in the sky.

A tiny blue ball came from my hand and went right through Dumbledore's chest. I didn't know what it was, nor did I care, all I could think about was one thing. Where is Draco right now?