Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It was Christmas time and students were starting to leave home for the holidays. Harry, Ron, and I were in the great hall. The boys were playing chest and I just watched. "Knight to E-5." Harry said and his knight moved. Ron thought for a moment then smirked and spoke, "Queen to E-5." His queen moved then got it's chair and smashed Harry's piece. "That's totally barbaric!" Hermione interjected. "That's wizards chest." Ron responded.

"See you've packed." Ron said. "See you haven't." Hermione states. "Change of plans. My parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother, Charlie. He's studying dragons there!" Ron responded. "Good. You can help Harry and (Y/N), then. They're going to go the library for information on Nicholas Flamel." "We've looked a hundred times!" "Not in the restricted section." Hermione said finished.

"I think we have a bad influence on you." I joked. "Oh (Y/N), here." Hermione beamed handing me a present. Before I could say anything she spoke, "Happy Christmas." and with that she left. I just looked at the present for a moment. "What's wrong?" Ron questioned. "It's just, I've never gotten a present before." I answered. "Well open it." Harry said. I opened did and she got me a book.

"Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them!" I beamed. "She knew I love magical creatures." I hugged the book out of joy. "I'm gonna go read it in my common room. I'll meet you guys at the Gryffindor house tomorrow, so we can spend Christmas together." I said and they agreed. I got up and made my way to the  common room.

Once I got in I went on the couch and started reading. I was the only Slytherin who stayed, everyone else went home for Christmas. I stopped reading after a while and looked at the fire. I started thinking of what would happen tomorrow and thought of some Christmas movies I've watched. I remembered a specific one called The Polar Express. Mostly because I've already been on a magical train. I remembered the song that I heard from it and started to sing:

I'm wishing on a star
And trying to believe
That even thought it's far
He'll find me Christmas Eve
I guess that Santa's busy
'Cause he's never come around
I think of him when Christmas comes to town

The best time of the year
When everyone comes home
With all this Christmas cheer
It's hard to be alone
Putting up the Christmas tree
With friends that come around
It's so much fun when Christmas comes to town

Presents for the children wrapped in red and green
All the things I've heard about but never really seen
No one will be sleeping on the night of Christmas Eve
Hoping Santa's on his way

When Santa's sleight bells ring
I listen all around
The herald angels sing
I never hear a sound
And all the dreams of the children
Once lost will all be found
That's all I want when Christmas comes to town

I finished singing and heard clapping from behind me. I turned to see Draco. "Oh, I thought I was alone. Did I disturbed you?" I said. "No you didn't, I liked it a lot. I didn't know you sing." Draco smiled. "Well, only to myself. Are you the only one here with me?" I responded.

"Yeah, Where's that song from? I've never heard it before." He questioned. "It's from a muggle movie called: The Polar Express." "Oh, I don't sing much." "Well, do you dance?" I got up and pulled out my wand.  "Accio radio" I said and a radio appeared. I switch it to a channel that I knew played Christmas songs. The Most Wonderful Time of the Year was on. "Come on, lets dance." I insisted. "Together?" Draco questioned getting a little red. "Yes." I smiled.