The Mirror

At night Harry and I went to the restricted section of the library. We started our search for anything on Nicholas Flamel. Harry got a book off the shelf and opened, when he did the pages looked like a face and Harry quickly closed it back up. "Any luck?" I whispered. Harry shook his head.

Suddenly we heard someone speak. "Who's there!?" It was Filch. Harry grabbed the cloak but dropped the lantern and it broke with a loud noise. "I know you're in there. You can't hide." Filch called. "Nice going genius." I whispered yelled.

Harry shushed me and put the cloak over both of us. Filch saw the lantern on the floor as he creeped around the corner. "Who is it? Show yourself!" He yelled. Harry and I ran out of the library. Once we got out Mr. Norris, the cat, was there. She started meowing and we ran as she followed us.

When we rounded the corner and saw Snape push Quarrel against the wall. "Severus...I-I thought..." Quarrel stuttered. Snape spoke, "You don't want me as your enemy, Quirrell." "W-What do you mean?" "You know perfectly well what I mean." Snape then turned to us.

Harry and I stopped breathing and Snape reached out and tried to grab the cloak. Harry and I backed away before he did so. He then wiped his finger to Quarrel. "We'll have another chat soon...when you've had time to decide where your loyalties lie." He finished. Then Filch walked around the corner holding the broken lantern. "Oh, Professors. I found this, in the Restricted Section. It's still hot. That means there's a student out of bed." He said.

With those words Harry and I quickly ran away from the scene. We went into the nearest room and closed the door. "I think we lost them" Harry said. I scanned the room and saw a mirror in the middle of it. "What's this?" I questioned walking up to it. Harry stood next to me in front of it. Then our mum and dad appeared. Mine and Harry eyes widened and turned around and saw that no one was there.

"Is that...mum?" Harry said, she smiled and nodded. "...dad?" I questioned he smiled and nodded. Harry and I looked at each other and smiled. Dad reached out and grabbed Harry's shoulder then mom did the same to me.

"Ron." We said together and ran to go get him. I got in his room and woke him up. "Ron wake up we need to show you something." I said shaking him awake. He got up and I grabbed his hand and led him to the room.

Once I got there I brought Ron to the front of the mirror still holding his hand. Ron's face was red when I first grabbed his hand and now it's a brighter shade of red. "Look it's our parents." Harry beamed. "I just see us." Ron said. "Why don't you look at it properly." I suggested. I let go of Ron's hand and we stepped out of mirror veiw. "Woah." Ron beamed.

Harry and I both smiled and spoke, "That's my-" Ron interrupted, "That's me! Only, I'm head boy...and I'm holding the Quidditch cup! And bloody hell, I'm Quidditch Captain too! I look good." As he spoke our smiles disappeared. "You guys, do you think this mirror shows the future?" He questioned. Harry and I frowned. "How can it?" "Both our parents are dead." I finished Harry's words.

-

Harry and I constantly went back to the mirror over the break. One day we were in front of the mirror looking at our parents when we were interrupted, "Back again, Potters?" We both turned to see Dumbledore and stand up. "I see that you, like so many before you, have discovered the delights of the Mirror of Erised. I trust by now you realize what it does. Let me give you a clue. The happiest man on earth would look into the mirror and see only himself, exactly as he is."

Harry and I alternated sentences, "So, then it shows us what we want?" "Whatever we want?" "Yes...and no. It shows us nothing more or less than the deepest, most desperate desires of our hearts. Now you, who have never known your family, you see them standing beside you. But remember this, children. This mirror gives us neither knowledge or truth. Men have wasted away in front of it, even gone mad. That is why tomorrow it will be moved to a new home, and I must ask you not to go looking for it again. It does not do to dwell on dreams, children, and forget to live." He responded.

I thought for a moment and looked back at our parents then looked at Harry and Dumbledore left. "Come princess, lets go" Harry said walking away. I looked back at the mirror, but I didn't see our parents. I saw Harry and Draco shaking hands.

That's not all after they were finished it faded to reveal two grown versions of Draco and I. He was wearing a nice tux while I was wearing a white dress with my mother's wedding vial. I looked at it shocked and confused. "What's wrong?" Harry asked. "Nothing...just wanted to look at them one more time." I said.

Draco's pov:

"Draco, wake up." I heard as I was being shook lightly. I opened my eyes and saw (Y/N) sitting on my bed looking at me. I sat up and rubbed my eye. "(Y/N), what is it? Is everything alright?" I asked concerned as I moved the hair out of her face.

"I need to show you something." She said. She grabbed my hand and took me to a room with a mirror. She brought me in front of it and stood next to me. "What do you see?" She asked. I looked in the mirror and saw us, only we were older. (Y/N) and I were wearing rings, wedding rings. We were married.

There were three little kids, two boys and a girl. The boys were twins that looked like me except one had (Y/N)'s eyes. The girl looked like her but had one platinum blonde streak in her hair. It's a family...our family. (Y/N) looked at me and smiled then intertwined our fingers.

"Does this show the future?" I asked hopefully. "No, it shows us our deepest desires." She said. I frowned a bit but then it went away. This could be my future. We went back to our common room, I never let go of her hand. As she was about to go to her room I tightened my grip on her hand.

"Wait! Can you stay with me tonight?" I asked and she nodded. She was about to go to the couch but I stopped her again. "Lets sleep in my bed." I said. She agreed then I took her to my room. We crawled in bed then she rested her head on my chest and wrapped her arms around my torso.

One of my arms were around her shoulders while my other was around her waist pulling her closer. "Good night, Draco." She said and kissed my jaw. "Good night, love." I said and kissed her head. She fell asleep but I stayed awake looking at her.

She pulled herself up some so her head was on my shoulder. I moved the hair out of her face and kissed her cheek. "I'll make sure that mirror tells the future, (Y/N). I'll make sure that my future will be, with you." I whispered and kissed lips lightly. "I love you." I whispered even lighter then drifted off to sleep.