The Champions

I was in the great hall with the trio and Draco. We watched as the older students put their name in the goblet. Cedric Diggory came in and put his name in the goblet then everyone clapped for him. He looked at me then smiled flirtatiously and nodded a hello. Draco saw this and put his arm around me possessively and kissed me softly.

They glared at each other before Cedric walked away. "You're really protective, Draco." Harry said. "I know, it's cute." I replied and kissed Draco's cheek. He looked at me and smirked before wrapping his arm around my waist. "Eternal glory, be brilliant wouldn't it? In three years from now we'll be old enough to be choosen." Ron said.

"Yeah well rather you than me." Harry and I said simultaneously. We look at each other and giggled. Then the twins came bursting in with two vials in their hands. Everyone cheered for them. "Thank you thank you, well lads we've done it." George said. "Cooked it up just this morning." Fred announced.

"It's not going to work." Hermione chimed. They sat on either side of her. "Oh yeah? And why's that Granger." "You see this? This is an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself." "So?" "So a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by something pathetically dimwitted such as an age potion." Hermione snapped. "That's why it's so brilliant." George said.

"Let them be Mione, I'm sure it'll be funny either way." I said. "Thanks, sis." Fred and George said. They always thought of me as a sister. "Ready Fred?" "Ready George?" "Bottoms up." They said then drank the potion. They jump in the circle and nothing happened. Everyone cheered then they put their name in the goblet.

"Wait for it." I said to myself. Then the flame turned red and blasted the twins back. "There it is." Everyone gathered around them as they started fighting. "Bloody idiots." Draco said and I laughed.

-

It was the day the champions get picked I sat between Draco and Harry. "Sit down please. And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champions selection!" Dumbledore said. The approached the goblet and the flame turned red and a piece of paper came out.

"The Durmstrang champion is ... Viktor
Krum!" People cheered and Krum went up then was taken to a room. The flame turned red again and another paper shot out. "The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour!" People cheered including me when she stood and was taken to the room.

Then the flame shot out another piece of paper. "The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory." A lot of people clapped then I heard Draco scoff. I smiled at him then he noticed I caught him and blush. He took my hand in his and I pecked his cheek. "Excellent! We now have our three champions! But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the tri-wizard cup!"

Everyone cheered but then the flame turned red once more. Everyone looked confused then two pieces of paper came from the flame. Dumbledore caught them and mumbled something to himself. "Harry and (Y/N) Potter!" He yelled.

I gasped then Harry got up and motioned me to follow. I got up but Draco tighten the grip on my hand as if he was begging me not to go. "Don't make it harder then it has to be, Malfoy." Hermione whispered. Draco was forced to let go and I gave him one final look before walking up.

Harry and I locked hands then walked to the front. "They're cheats! They're not even seventeen yet!" Someone called out. We walked to the room with the other champions. "Did you do it?" Harry and I questioned simultaneously. "No." We both answered. "I believe you." We tightened the grip on each other's hand and kept walking.

We entered the room with the other champions. They looked at us confused then Dumbledore bursted through the door. "Harry, (Y/N)! Did you put your name in the goblet of fire?" He questioned 'calmly'. "No sir." We said. "Did you ask one of the older students to do it for you?" "No sir." "You're absolutely sure?"

"Yes sir." "Well of course they're lying."
"The hell he is. The goblet of fire is
an exceptionally powerful magical object,
only an exceptionally powerful conjurer
could have hoodwinked it. Magic way
beyond the talents of a fourth year." "You seem to have given this a fair bit of thought Mad-Eye." "It was once my job to think as dark wizards do Karkaroff perhaps you remember?"

"That doesn't help Alastor. Leave this
to you Barty." "The rules are absolute, the goblet of fire constitutes a binding magical contract. The Potters have no choice, they is as of tonight... tri-wizards champions."

Harry and I never let go of each other's hand as we walked out. "This is mental." Harry said. "I know, and with the deatheater attack... this isn't a coincidence, Prongs." I replied. We parted ways and I entered the common room.

Everyone looked at me then started to gathered around bombarding me with questions. Draco made his way through the crowd and took me to his room. "Did your brother do this?" He questioned. "No, he didn't." I answered.

Draco started pacing back and forth. "You have to back out or something, you can't compete." "I have too, Draco. I have no choice." I said. "I'm scared, Draco. People die in this tournament." Draco looked at me worried. "I'm scared too. But it'll all work out in the end, I promise." He said after he stopped pacing.

"Why can't I go one year without being 'the girl who lived.' Just once I want to be a normal witch." "You're neither to me. You're the love of my life." Draco said. This claimed me down and he pulled me in his arms. I wrapped my arms around his torso and rested my head on his chest.

"I promise that I will do everything in my power to protect you." "Always?" "Always." Draco finished and I got on my toes a bit then kissed him softly.