The Philosopher's Stone

It's spring time and we were in the library when Hermione came to the table Ron, Harry, and I were with a big book. "I had you looking in the wrong section! How could I be so stupid?" Hermione drops the book on the table with a loud bang causing all of us to jump. "I checked this out a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading." Ron looked at the book, "This is light?" he said.

Hermione glared at him then continued flipping through the pages and stopped. "Of course! Here it is! 'Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!'" "That's where I heard his name before." I said. "The what?" the boys questioned. I rolled my eyes. "Honestly, don't you two read." I said.

Hermione read from the book, "The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal." "Immortal?" Ron questioned. "It means you'll never die." "I know what it means!" Ron said loudly then Harry and I shushed him.

I got up and sat next to Hermione and read from the book. "'The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday' That's what Fluffy's guarding on the 3rd floor. That's what's under the trapdoor...the Philosopher's Stone!" I said and we all exchanged looks.

-

It was nighttime and we all went to Hagrid's hut and knocked on the door. The door opened and Harry spoke, "Hagrid!" "Oh, hello. Sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to entertain today." Hagrid said closing the door. "We know about the Philosopher's Stone." all four of us said before he could. He open the door again. "oh."

We went inside the hut and Harry spoke, "We think Snape's trying to steal it." "Snape? Blimey, Harry, you're not still on about him, are you?" Hagrid said. "Hagrid, we know he's after the Stone. We just don't know why." I said. "Just look at all the things he's doing. He threatened Quarrel, jinxed my broom, and (Y/N)'s detention." Harry said.

"You're not still on that, are you? It's all you talk about." Hermione said. "Well we don't know why he did it." Ron spoke. "What happened in detention, princess?" Harry asked. I thought back to that moment. "He made Draco and I write ten lines and gave us an hour to do so." I said. "Only ten? Why would he give you so little?" Hermione questioned.

"That's what I thought. Other that the Draco and I just talked." I said. "About what?" Hermione asked with a very small smirk that only I noticed. "T-That's not important. What's important right now it what Snape is planning to do to try to take the stone." I said changing the subject back. "Snape is one of the teachers protecting the Stone! He's not about to steal it!" Hagrid said. "What?" Harry questioned. "You heard. Right. Come on, now, I'm a bit preoccupied today." Hagrid said.

"Wait a minute," "one of the teachers?" Harry finished my sentence. "Of course! There are other things defending the Stone, aren't there? Spells, enchantments." Hermione said. "That's right. Waste of bloody time, if you ask me?" Hagrid responded. "Ain't no one gonna get past Fluffy. Hehe, not a soul knows how. Except for me and Dumbledore. I shouldn't have told you that. I shouldn't have told you that. "

Just then the cauldron over the fire began to rattle. Hagrid got it and placed it on the table. "Uh, Hagrid, what exactly is that?" Harry questioned. I realized what it was from all the books I read and Ron spoke, "I know what that is! But Hagrid, how did you get one?" "I won it. Off a stranger I met down at a pub. Seemed quite glad to be rid off it, as a matter of fact." Hagrid replied.

The egg started to rattle again then it cracked open. The dragon emerged from it and squeaked. "Is that...a dragon?" Hermione questioned. "Not just a dragon, it's a Norwegian Ridgeback." I beamed. "My brother Charlie works with these in Romania." Ron said. "Isn't he beautiful? Oh. Bless him, look. He knows his mummy. Hehe. Hallo, Norbert." Hagrid cooed. "Norbert?" I questioned. "Yeah, well he's got to have a name, doesn't he?" Hagrid beamed.

Ron and I laughed a little. "Don't ya, Norbert?" Hagrid cooed to it. He pet the dragon while doing so it hiccups and shots out fire. His beard caught on fire and he quickly put it out. "Well...he'll have to be trained a bit." Hagrid said. I giggled, "You got that right." I pet the dragon and he seems to really like my touch. "Looks like he's really fond of you, (Y/N)." Hagrid said. I smiled and continued petting the dragon.

Norbert had dark blue streak on this back, not many Ridgebacks have them so he was unique. It nudged it's head against my fingers, he really likes me. I made friends with a dragon! "Who's that?" Hagrid questioned looking out the window.  I looked out the window and saw Draco but he quickly went away. "Malfoy." Harry said with a bit of anger in his voice. "Oh dear." Hagrid worried. "We better go." I  insisted and they all agreed.

We went back to the castle and walked back through the corridor. "Hagrid always wanted a dragon." "He told us so the first time we met him." I finished Harry's sentence. "It's crazy. And worse Malfoy knows." Ron said. "I don't understand. Is that bad?" I questioned. "It's bad." Then we got stopped by McGonagall. "Good evening." she said and behind her was none other than Draco.

He mouthed the words 'I'm sorry' to me. I looked at him with a small smile and mouthed 'I know' to him and he looked relieved. We were all taken to McGonagall's office to be lectured. I stood next to Draco because he insisted while the others stood a few feet away.

"Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night. Therefore, as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken." McGonagall spoke. "50?" Harry snapped.

"Each." She responded. We all gaped in disbelief. "Except for you Miss Potter." She said. I looked at her confused. "Why?" I questioned. "Mr. Malfoy told me how you were forced to go with them." She informed.

"That's-". "That's true." Ron interrupted. "I forced (Y/N) to go with us because I wanted her to come. She insisted on staying, but I didn't listen." I looked at Ron shocked, but smiled and mouthed the words 'thank you' which he responded by winking at me.

Draco's pov:

I saw as Weasley winked at my (Y/N). I glared at him and put my arm around her shoulder as if claiming her as mine and smirk. He glared at me back. "And to ensure it doesn't happen again, all five of you will receive detention." My attention went back to McGonagall when she spoke.

"Excuse me, Professor. Perhaps I heard you wrong. I thought you said...'the five of us.'" I said not taking my arm away from (Y/N). "No, you heard me correctly, Mr. Malfoy. You see, as honorable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours. You will serve detention with your classmates." She said. "Now off with all of you." she finished and I grabbed (Y/N)'s hand as we all started to leave.

We were walking to our houses when (Y/N) stopped me as we were about to part from her brother and her friends. She let go of my hand and turned to them. "Night guys and Ron, thank you for covering for me. " she said and hugged Weasley. It made my chest knot in anger when I noticed that he smelled her hair. "Anytime." He said dreamily.

She hugged Granger then her brother. "Good night, princess." He said to her and kissed her forehead. This made me smile some seeing that someone, other than me, cared for her. She then walked back to me and extended her hand as if telling me to take it. I did and intertwined my fingers with hers as we held hands. "Lets go." she said.

I smiled at her and walked with her hand in hand back to our house. I turned back and saw Weasley glaring at me. This gave me an idea, I turned to (Y/N) and kissed her cheek. She turned to me as she blushed and smiled at me. I turned to Weasley and smirked as we went around the corner.