The Promise

We were staying at headquarters for the holidays. Sirius invited Draco to stay with us as well. As of right now it's Christmas eve and I was walking around the house when I heard a guitar coming from the common room. I looked in the room and saw Draco on the couch playing a song.

(D=Draco, Y=You) (Play song now!)

D: Do you hear me, I'm talking to you.
Across the water across the deep blue ocean. Under the open sky, oh my, baby I'm trying.

Y: Boy I hear you in my dreams. I feel your whisper across the sea. I keep you with me in my heart. You make it easier when life gets hard.

As I sang I walked in and sat down next to him.

B: I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend. Lucky to have been where I have been. Lucky to be coming home again.
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

They don't know how long it takes
Waiting for a love like this
Every time we say goodbye
I wish we had one more kiss
I'll wait for you I promise you, I will

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
Lucky we're in love in every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday

D: And so I'm sailing through the sea. To an island where we'll meet. You'll hear the music fill the air. I'll put a flower in your hair.

Y: Though the breezes through the trees. Move so pretty you're all I see. As the world keeps spinning round. You hold me right here right now.

B: I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend. Lucky to have been where I have been. Lucky to be coming home again.

I'm lucky we're in love in every way. Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed. Lucky to be coming home someday.

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

As we finished singing we smiled at each other. Draco glanced at my lips then I glanced at his and we both started to lean in. Once again when our lips were inches away we were interrupted by clapping.

We looked to where it came from and see everyone there smiling brightly. "How is it that every time we sing someone's there clapping?" I questioned. "I honestly don't know." Draco responded lightly laughing. "That was wonderful, dears." Mrs. Weasley beamed.

"Yes, absolutely amazing." Harry beamed. "Where'd you learn to play the guitar, Malfoy?" Ron questioned. "Self taught." Draco replied. "Your voices work perfect together." Hermione beamed. Draco and I smiled at each other then he wrapped his arm around my waist.

Draco's pov:

Everyone started talking to eachother in the common room. "Draco, can I talk to you outside for a moment?" Sirius asked quietly so only I can hear. "Yes, sir." I replied and we walked outside the room. "How long have you and (Y/N) been together?" He asked.

"Well we got together at the end of our first year. So, about three years now." I replied. I can't believe it's been that long, time really flies when you're in love. "Are you committed to her?" "Absolutely." I replied without hesitation. "Then give her this." He said a pulled out a velvet box.

"This holds the promise ring James gave to Lily and I want you to give it to (Y/N)." I grabbed it from him and opened it. This ring is perfect for her. "I promise I'll take care of her." I said. "I know you will."

-

Your pov:

We entered the kitchen where the Weasleys and Draco were. I sat down next to Draco and Harry sat across from us. Mrs. Weasley handed us both presents, I got knitted gloves while Harry got a knitted bonnet. "A Christmas toast, to the Potters. Without you two, I would not be here. The Potters." Mr. Weasley said.

"Potters." Everyone cheered. "Potters." Sirius said. "Draco." He was motioning Draco to do something. I looked at him confused then turned to Draco. He took a deep breath then grabbed both of my hands and looked at me in the eyes. He looked nervous and I smiled at him as a sign of assurance.

"(Y/N), you know how much I love you, every minute of every day I love you with everything I have. So, I want to show you that I'm never, and I mean never, going to let you go." Draco said and pulled out a velvet box. Everyone gasped except for Sirius. My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest.

"I'm not proposing." Draco said. Everyone let out a breath of relief and my heart cooled down. "Not yet at least." He added and I smiled. "In this is the promise ring your father gave to your mother. Sirius gave it to me to give to you." I turned to Sirius who smiled then turned back to Draco.

"This represents a promise. Promise to never stop loving each other no matter what and to never give up on us. You're my first love and accepting this is also promising to be my last." Draco said and opened the box to show the ring. "Merlin's beard." The twins gaped. "That must be worth a fortune." Ron gaped as well. "Believe me, it was." Sirius said.

"So will you, (Y/N) Potter, accept this promise?" Draco asked

"So will you, (Y/N) Potter, accept this promise?" Draco asked. Everyone looked anxious especially the trio. "Always." I smiled. Draco smiled then put the ring on my finger before he kissed me passionately. Everyone clapped for us. We pulled away and smiled at each other. My heart was filled with so much happiness.

Then a blue light formed in my hands and a dragon came out flying around the room. After a moment it went away and everyone was shocked. "What was that?" Harry questioned. "It was her patronus." Hermione answered. "How can she cast a patronus without a wand?" Ron asked. "(Y/N), only extremely powerful wizards can cast their patronus without a wand." Mr. Weasley said.

"Even then it takes out most away of their energy and seeing that you did it by complete accident says everything." Sirius said. "That's absolutely incredible, love." Draco beamed and I beamed back. "Oh, Draco, we didn't give you your present." Mrs. Weasley said. "What?" Draco questioned.

"Well, seeing that you're basically going to marry (Y/N)." Fred said. Harry spit out some of his juice at the statement. "I'm sorry, marriage?" Harry questioned clearing his throat. "Didn't you hear him?" Hermione asked. "Yeah he said he wasn't proposing yet." Ron said.

"Anyways considering that (Y/N) is a part of the Weasley family," "Along with Harry, of course." "And you're going to marry her," "That makes you a part of the Weasleys too." Fred and George said. "Which means?" Draco questioned. "Every Weasley gets a jumper with their first initial on it. So..." Ron said.

Mrs. Weasley pulled out an emerald green jumper with a silver 'D' on it. Fred and George took it and gave it a proper presentation. "Thank you, but I'm not wearing that." Draco said. "You will." "One way or another." The twins said. Draco made a run for it and the twins quickly followed. "No!" I heard Draco yell.

"I think they caught him." Harry smirked, I giggled a bit. Fred and George came back with Draco wearing the jumper. He came and sat down next to me then rested his head on my shoulder. "They made me wear it." He pouted. "You're gonna get a lot more of those." I joked and everyone laughed. This was the best Christmas ever.