Last Day, New Beginning

I woke up in a bed in the hospital wing. I saw a bunch of sweets and cards and the bottom of my bed. Next to my bed were a dozen roses which I knew were from Draco. Harry was in the bed next to me and he had just woken up as well. "Harry." I said. "(Y/N)." Harry said. Then the doors open, it was Dumbledore. "Good afternoon, Potters. Ah. Tokens from your admirers?" He said.

"Admirers?" Harry and I questioned. "What happened down in the dungeons between you two and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so, naturally, the whole school knows." We all smiled at his response. "Ah, I see your friend Ronald has saved you the trouble of opening your Chocolate Frogs. And I see Draco made sure the flowers he got you, Miss Potter, stayed fresh."

"Draco and Ron were here? Are they alright?" "What about Hermione?" Harry finished my questions. "Fine. They're all just fine." "But, what happened to the Stone?" I questioned. "Relax, dear girl. The stone has been destroyed. My friend Nicholas and I had a little chat and agreed it was best all around." "But Flamel, he'll die, won't he?" "He has enough Elixir to set his affairs in order. But yes, he will die."

"How is it we got the Stone, sir?" "One minute we were staring in the mirror, and the next..." Harry and I said. "Ah. You see, only a person who wanted to find the Stone, find it, but not use it, would be able to get it. That is one of my more brilliant ideas. And between you and me thats saying something." Harry and I giggle a bit.

"Does that mean, with the Stone gone," "I mean, that Voldemort can never come back?" "Ah, I'm afraid there are ways in which he can return. Kids, do you know why Professor Quirrell couldn't bear to have you touch him?"

Harry and I shook our heads. "It was because of your mother. She sacrificed herself for you two, and that kind of act leaves a mark." Harry and I touched our scars. "No, no, this kind of mark cannot be seen. It lives in your very skin."

"What is it?" I asked. "Love, children, love." he finished. Harry looked at me and smiled which I returned. "Oh, and Miss Potter," Dumbledore said. "Yes?" I questioned. "Is it true that you attack Miss Parkinson?" "Yes but-" "Is it true that you injured her?" "Well yes-" "Is it true that you called her a foul word?" "Yes-" "Have some candy, Miss Potter."

"What?" I said a bit confused. He winked at me then left. I looked at Harry and smirked. "Is that what happened to your hand?" Harry asked and I nodded. "You can say she's my Malfoy." I said. "Yeah, but you don't see me falling for her." "Well I would be shocked if you did, she has a pug face you know." I joked and we both laughed.

I got out of the hospital wing with Harry. "What do you have to say about this adventure?" Harry asked. "Well it's the last day of our normal life as magical people, and a new beginning to another chapter in our life." I replied. Harry agreed and we parted ways to go to our houses.

When I got in the common room Draco was there and once he saw me he ran to me embracing me in a tight hug. "Are the alright, love?" I asked. "I should be asking you the same." Draco replied. "I'm fine." I said.

He pulled away a little to look at me. "Thank Merlin." He said. "Now are you okay?" I asked. "I'm fine now that I know you are." "You didn't have to sacrifice yourself, you know?" "I would do anything for you, love." Draco said. "Kiss me like you miss me then." I smiled. He smirked then did just that.
-

We were all in the great hall for the final feast, I was sitting next to Draco. Then we heard a tapping on a glass and everyone's attention turned to it. Dumbledore stood and spoke. "Another year gone. And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding, and the points stand thus."

I zoned out at the totals feeling something touch my side. Draco was trying to wrap his arm around my waist. I smiled at him and guided his arms around my waist then scooted closer to him. "However, recent events must be taken into account. And I have a few last minute points to award." My attention went back to him.

Everyone looked shocked and eager for a response. "To Miss Hermione Granger, for the use of cool intellect when others were in great peril, 50 points. Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years...50 points. And third, to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house 60 points. And, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom."

"Great now they're ahead." Draco said disappointed. "Also, to Miss Potter, who acts with great ambition and who is very cunning, like a true Slytherin. Also, who has a voice of an angel and the fight of a lion. 50 points to Slytherin." Dumbledore said. I smiled as everyone congratulated me. "And last but not least, If you truly care someone you would sacrifice anything for them. And that's what we call true love, not matter what age, and even in the coldest of hearts. 60 points...to Mr. Draco Malfoy." He finished.

I looked and smiled at Draco, he looked shocked. "Slytherin wins the House Cup!" Dumbledore finished. I beamed then kissed Draco on the cheek. "You did it, love." I said. He hugged me out of joy. "We did it." Draco whispered in my ear. Everyone threw their hats in the air. Draco pulled away and kissed me passionately.