The Chamber of Secrets

I was in McGonagall's class sitting next to Draco. I had a small bird in front of me that I assume is for the lesson. McGonagall spoke, "Today, we will be turning animals into water goblets. Like so," she turned to the bird that was on her desk. "1 2 3, Vera Verto." She said tapping her wand three times then changed the bird to a beautiful water goblet. "Now, who would like to go first...Mr. Weasley?"

Ron cleared his throat and tapped his rat three times then spoke, "Vera Verto." And his rat turned in to goblet but not all the way. It didn't change color, it still had the fur and the tail. Half the class giggled at the sight, including Draco and I. "That wand needs replacing, Mr. Weasley." McGonagall said.

Hermione raised her hand. "Yes, Miss Granger." "I wondering if you can tell us about the chamber of secrets, professor?" She asked. McGonagall looked at the class. She huffed and spoke, "Very well. You all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Three of the founders co-existed quite harmoniously. One did not."

"Three guesses who?" Ron said sarcastically. McGonagall continued, "Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed that magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, purebloods. Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. According to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Shortly before departing, he sealed it until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the Chamber of Secrets and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic."

"Muggle-borns." I said. Draco took my hand in his at this point. "Yes. Naturally, the school has been searched many times for such a chamber. It has never been found." She responded. "Professor, what exactly does legend tell us lies within the Chamber?" I asked. "The Chamber is said to be home to something which the heir of Slytherin alone can control. It is said to be home...to a monster." McGonagall finished.

After class, Draco and I walked together in halls behind the trio some but they didn't notice us. Though we can still here their conversation. "D'you think it's true? D'you think there really is a Chamber of Secrets?" Ron questioned. "Yes. Couldn't you tell, McGonagall's worried. All the teachers are." Hermione answered.

"But if there really is a Chamber of Secrets, and it's really been opened, that means..." Harry trailed off. "The Heir of Slytherin has returned to Hogwarts. The question is, who is it?" Hermione questioned. "Let's think. Who do we know who thinks Muggle-borns are scum." Ron mockingly questioned.

"Are you talking about Parkinson?" Hermione asked. "No, I'm talking about Malfoy." Ron said. I looked at Draco and he put a finger on my lips, curious on what they were gonna say. "That's stupid, Ronald." Hermione said annoyed.

"When we saw the writing on the wall he whispered muggle-borns to himself." Ron reasoned. "He said muggle-borns not the actual 'm' word." Harry defended. Wait, he defended Draco? "But I'm pretty sure he didn't say it because (Y/N) was there, if not he would have." Ron responded.

"I don't know if I trust your judgement, Ron." Harry said. "Why?" He questioned. "Because ever since you found out him and (Y/N) were dating you've been a jealous mess." Hermione said. "Come on, think about it. Harry, you said you saw him in Knocturne alley. That's where all the dark arts stuff is." Ron said.

He can't be serious. "You have a point. Maybe (Y/N) knows." Harry said. "Are you serious!?" I snapped. They turned to Draco and I. "After all he has done, you still think he's the bad guy." "(Y/N), we can explain." Hermione said.

"Save it. Shame on all of you." I spat. "Come love, we don't need to put up with these pricks." Draco said and we walked off. "I can't believe they think you're the heir of Slytherin." I scoffed in disbelief. "I'm not, by the way." He assured. "I know you're not, babe. It's just the fact that they think you are." I said.

He grabbed my hand and I stopped walking then looked at him. "Are you alright?" Draco questioned. "Yeah." I sighed. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he put his around my waist. "It's just mad that they still think you're this vial and cruel person just because of your last name." I said.

"As long as you don't think I'm vial and cruel, it's all good." He charmed. "That's because when you're around me you become a marshmallow." I smirked. "I do not." He defended. "Yes you do, Draco. You become a marshmallow that loves kisses on the cheek, nose, and forehead. I also know how much you love it when I cuddle you."

"In my defense your kisses and cuddles are the best." Draco said and I giggled. "I also love it when you kiss my lips." Draco smirked. "I know." I said nonchalantly then started to walk off. "Hey! Get back here." He said the grabbed my hand and quickly pulled me in his embrace.

His arms were around my waist and mine were on his chest. "You can't just tease me like that." He said. "I think I just did." I smirked. "Come on, love." He pouted. "Admit that you're a marshmallow." "Fine, you make me become a squishy marshmallow. Happy?" He admitted.

I smiled then leaned in and kissed him softly. I pulled away slowly and rested my forehead on his. "Yes." I said. "You owe me more than one kiss because I said I become a squishy marshmallow." Draco smirked and I giggled then kissed him lovingly.