Defense Against the Dark Arts

We were in DADA, I was sitting next to Draco and Ruby. Draco and I were holding hand under the table. Then our professor, Gilderoy Lockhart, spoke, "Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher. Me. Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League and five times winner of Witch Weekly's Most-Charming-Smile Award. But I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at her!"

Every girl in class was swooning over him except me, I rolled my eyes. "Aren't you going to swoon too?" Draco asked. "No." I grimaced. "That's my girl." Draco smirked and I blushed. "I see you've all bought a complete set of my books. Well done. I thought we'd start today with a little quiz. Nothing to worry about. Just to check how well you've read them, how much you've taken in." He said.

The test were passed out. "Look at these questions." Ruby said. 'What is Gilderoy Lockhart's favorite color?' 'What is Gilderoy Lockhart's greatest achievement to date?' "They're all about him." I said. "Of course they are." Draco spat. "You have thirty minutes start now." Lockhart said.

We all took the test and after thirty minutes he took them and looked over the answers. "Tut, tut. Hardly any of you remembered my favorite color is lilac. But Miss Hermione Granger knew that my secret ambition is to rid the world of evil and market my own range of hair care potions. Good girl." Lockhart said and Hermione beamed.

His expression suddenly darkened. "Now... be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind! You may find yourself facing your own worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here." He turned to a cage in front of the class. Everyone was at the edge of their seat.

"I must ask you not to scream. It might provoke them." He said and removed the cloth that was covering the cage. It was a bunch of pixies. "Cornish Pixies?" Seamus questioned. Everyone giggled. "Freshly caught Cornish pixies." Lockhart corrected, Seamus laughed. "They're actually quite a pain, Finnigan." I said. "Or sound like it at least."

"Cornish pixies are small, bright blue mischief-makers, and they love tricks and practical jokes. They're able to fly, and enjoys lifting people up by their ears and depositing them on the tops of trees and buildings, showing incredible strength for creatures of their -."

"Size. Thank you, Miss Potter, for the information but it was information everyone already knew which is why I didn't say it." Lockhart said. I glared at him, nobody can interrupt me when I'm showing my knowledge about magical creatures.

"Raise your hand if you knew that stuff about Cornish Pixies already." Draco announced. Nobody did, not even Hermione. "Looks like nobody did." Draco smirked. I smiled and he winked at me. "I knew that stuff of course." Lockhart said. "Then tell us more about them." I said.

"Well obviously everyone can understand stand what they say. Their voices can be heard by everyone that can try. I should know, I just talked to a few before class. They also lay eggs." He said. I stifled a laugh at his stupidity.

"Actually, 'professor', pixies can only communicate with other pixies; their voices are described as 'so shrill it was like listening to a lot of arguing budgies'. They bear live young." I corrected. "That's what I meant." "You said the exact opposite." Harry said.

"Raise your hand please." Ruby raised her hand. "Yes?" Lockhart asked. "You said the exact opposite. Clearly (Y/N) knows more." She said. The class looked at Lockhart waiting for him to respond. "Moving on." He said. "Lets see what you think of them now!" Lockhart said and released the pixies.

They started flying everywhere causes trouble and messing around. Everyone started to run around and tried to swat them away. "Gather them up!" Lockhart said. One got my knife. "Hey!" I said, trying to snatch it back.

Harry got it from the pixie and gave it back to me. Everyone started to run out of the class room except for the trio, Draco, and I. Lockhart tried to cast a spell to drive them away but they got his wand. He told us to gather the rest up and left.

A pixie started pulling on Hermione's hair. "Get off of me!" She snapped. "Don't move, hold still." Harry said then smacked it away with a book. I kept trying to swat them away from me. I didn't realize that they were messing with the dinosaur skeleton above me.

Draco's pov:

I was trying to get rid of the pixies when I saw them messing with the skeleton above (Y/N). "(Y/N), move!" Potter shouted. The skeleton started to fall. I quickly ran towards her and pulled her out of the way as fast as I could.

I managed to move her just in time even though I tripped and fell on my back but she landed on top of me. "Immobilus!" Granger shouted and all the pixies froze. "Glad that's over." I said.

Your pov:

"Uh...guys, you're sort of..." Hermione said. I looked at Draco and realized I was still on top of him. He noticed too and we both blushed. I got up and Draco did as well. Then Harry gave me a tight hug. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Yeah, that was a close one." I said. Harry pulled away and turned to Draco. "Thanks...Draco." He said.

Draco looked shock. He's warming up to him. "I would have done it either way...Harry." He smirked. I smiled at the sight while Hermione and Ron gaped at it. I put my hand on Draco's shoulder and he turned to me then smiled. "We should gather all these pesky pixies." I said.

"Pesky pixies. Try saying that five times fast." Harry said. "Pesky pixies," "pesky pixies," "pesky pixies." Harry and I went back and forth then laughed as we gathered the pixies. After we were done we walked out together. "Can you believe him?" Ron said.

"I'm sure Professor Lockhart just wanted to give us some hands-on experience." Hermione said. "Hands on? Hermione, he didn't have a clue what he was doing." Harry said. "I knew more than he did." I said. "You did and he gave false information to the class." Harry said.

"Thanks for helping me, Draco." I smiled and kissed his cheek. "Anything for you." He replied. "It was pretty cool when you did." Harry said. "I think Lockhart was trying to teach us something, I mean look at all of the things he's done." Hermione said.

"What he says he does." Ron said. "He could be making that stuff up." Draco added. "Rubbish." Hermione said. "He's full of rubbish." I said and the boys nodded in agreement.