Unforgiving Curses

I was in DADA class sitting next to Draco and Harry was sitting in the desk next to us sitting across the aisle from me. Draco and I were holding hands under the table waiting for our new teacher Alastor Moody. He came through the doors and wrote his name down on the board.

"Alastor Moody. Ministry malcontent. And your new defense against the dark arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me, end of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?" He said. "When it comes to the dark arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?" "Three sir." Hermione answered. "And they are so named?"

"Because they are unforgivable. Use of
any one of them will..." "Will earn you a one way ticket to Azkaban. Correct. Now the ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what you're up against, you need to be prepared, you need to find somewhere else to put your chewing gum other than the underside of your desk Mr Finnigan!"

Everyone turned to see him putting his gum under his desk. "Aw no way, the old codger can see out the back of his head." He said. Then the professor threw the chalk at him. Draco and I were trying to hold in laughs. "So which curse shall we see first. Weasley!"

"Yes." Ron said. "Stand." He did ad he was told. "Give us a curse." "Well, my dad did tell me about one... The imperious curse." "Ahhh yes, your father would know all about that. Gave the ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why."

He grabbed a spider from a jar then casted a spell to make it bigger. "Imperio." He said and the spider was being controlled. He put it on different people including Ron and Draco as the room filled with laughter. "Talented isn't she? What shall I have her do next? Jump out the window? Drown herself? Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only do did you-know-whose bidding under the influence of the imperious curse. But here's the rub, how do we sort out the liars?"

People put their hands up. "Longbottom isn't it? Stand." "There's the um... The cruciatus curse." Neville said. "Particularly nasty. The torture curse." He brought Neville to his desk and place the spider down. "Crucio."

The spider started screeching in pain. Neville looked at it disturbed, he told me about his parents. "Stop it! Can't you see it's bothering him, stop it!" I shouted. He stopped and brought the spider to my desk. "Perhaps you can give us the last unforgiving curse, Ms. Potter."

I shook my head and tighten my grip on Draco's hand. "No? Avada Kedavra." He said and a green light came out of his wand then killed the spider that gave one final screech. When it happened I saw a flashback of my dad dead on the floor and my mother screaming before dying.

 When it happened I saw a flashback of my dad dead on the floor and my mother screaming before dying

I had a death grip on Draco's hand and held back my tears

I had a death grip on Draco's hand and held back my tears. He looked at me worried. "The killing curse. Only two people have been known to survive it. And they're in this room right now." People looked at Harry and I. He dismissed class and I let go of Draco's hand then rush out of the room.

Harry's pov:

(Y/N) left the room in a rush. Draco and I shared a look then followed after her. "Princess." I called after her. She started running away. "Babe, wait." Draco said and we ran after her. We followed her outside and she sat by a tree near the lake.

Draco and I sat on either side of her. "You saw them, didn't you?" I questioned. She nodded and started crying. Draco and I wrapped our arms around her and held her close. "I'm here... we're here." Draco assured. We let her cry and I felt bad. She has to see these things and I can't share her pain.

I don't know how to comfort her with this because I don't know what she saw. I felt frustrated that I can't help her, she's my sister, my best friend, my princess. All I can do is be with her saying it's gonna be okay. I held her closer then sang, "Baby mine, don't you cry." She rested her head on my shoulder and her cry's got softer.

Draco and I shared a look then sang together. "Baby mine, dry your eyes. Rest your head close to my heart, Never to part, baby of mine." (Y/N) calmed down then sat up. "Thank you. I love you, both." She said then kissed both of our cheeks.

"Always." Draco said. "Until the very end." I replied. We moved closer to her and held her tightly. This is all I can do for know, and this is all she needed. She needed the two boys she loves most in this world holding her. My bracelet turned blue.