Spiders

Draco's pov:

We all went to Hagrid's hut under the invisibility cloak. We knocked at the door and Hagrid opened it pointing a crossbow at us. We dropped the cloak and he put it down. "What's that for?" I asked. "Nothin', nothin'. I've been expectin'... Doesn't matter. Come in sit down... I'll make tea..." He said.

We went inside and sat down. He took the kettle nervously and spilled the water. "Are you okay? Hagrid? Did you hear about Hermione and (Y/N)?" Potter asked. "Oh, yea. I heard all righ'. How are holdin' up, Draco? Seeing (Y/N) like that must 'urt." "Yeah it does, but that's why we're here." I said.

"Look... we have to ask you something. Do you know who's opened the Chamber of Secrets?" Harry asked. Hagrid stopped cutting the fruitcake he took out. He was about to answer but was stopped by a knock at the door. We threw the cloak on us and Hagrid dropped the cake on the floor. He got his crossbow and pointed it at the door.

"C-Come in." He stuttered. "Good evening, Hagrid." Dumbledore said as he entered with the minister. "That's my father's boss. Cornelius Fudge. The minister of magic." I whispered. They elbow me to shut up. "Bad business, Hagrid. Very bad business. Had to come. Four attacks on Muggle-borns. Things've gone far enough. Ministry's got to act." The minister said.

"I never... You know I never, Professor Dumbledore, sir..." Hagrid said. "I want it understood, Cornelius, that Hagrid has my full confidence." Dumbledore defended. "Look, Albus, Hagrid's record's against him. I've got to take him." The minister said. "Take me? Where? Not Azkaban prison." Hagrid said.

"For a short stretch only. Not a punishment, Hagrid. More a precaution. If someone else is caught, you'll be released with a full apology." Just then then there was another knock at the door. Dumbledore opened and my father came in. What's he doing here?

"Already here, Fudge. Good, good." He said. "What're you doin' here! Get outta my house!" Hagrid snapped. "My dear man, please believe me, I have no pleasure at all in being inside your, do you call this a house? I simply called at the school and was told the Headmaster was here." My dad said.

"And what exactly did you want with me, Lucius?" Dumbledore asked. "Dreadful thing, Dumbledore, but the governors feel it's time for you to step aside. This is an Order of Suspension. You'll find all twelve signatures on it. I'm afraid we feel you're losing your touch. What with all these attacks, there'll be no Muggle-borns left at Hogwarts. And we all know what an awful loss that would be." Father said.

"I heard a half-blood got petrified as well. Might I ask who?" "(Y/N) Potter." Dumbledore answered. "A Potter? Well, what a shame. My son's very fond of her as well." Father said. "Now, see here, Lucius. Dumbledore suspended. No, no... last thing we want right now... If Dumbledore can't stop these attacks... I mean to say, who can?" The minister said.

"That remains to be seen, but as all twelve governors have voted-" "An' how many did yeh have ter threaten before they agreed!" Hagrid cut off. "I would advise you not to shout at the Azkaban guards like that." Father said. "Yeh can take Dumbledore! Take him away an' the Muggle-borns won' stand a chance! There'll be killin's next!"

"Calm yourself, Hagrid! If the governors want my removal, Lucius, I shall of course step aside. However... you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me. You will also find that help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who... ask for it." Dumbledore said and looked directly at us.

"Admirable sentiments. We shall all miss your highly individual way of running things, Albus, and only hope your successor will manage to prevent any more, um, killin's." Dad said and him and Dumbledore left. "If anyone wanted ter find out some stuff, all they'd have ter do is follow the spiders. That'd lead 'em right! Tha's all I'm sayin'." Hagrid said then the rest left.

Once the door close we dropped the cloak. "Hagrid's right. With Dumbledore gone, there'll be an attack a day." Weasley said. "Why did my father do that?" I snapped. "Look!" Harry said and pointed to a trail of spiders. We follow it outside and shined the light on them.

"You know what we have to do." I said. "And what is that exactly?" Weasley questioned nervously. "You heard Hagrid. Follow the spiders." Harry said. "But there heading to the dark forest." "Suck it up, Weasley." I spat and we followed the trail. "Why spiders? Why can't it be 'follow the butterflies'?" Weasley whimpered.

We followed the trail to a huge tree that's covered in spider webbing. "I don't have a good feeling about this, guys-" "Don't panic, Ron." Harry said. We walked it further and saw a big spider at the end. "You do not come from the forest. Your hearts beat like... men." It said.

"Yes. We're friends of Hagrid's. And you... you're... Aragog, aren't you?" Potter said. "Hagrid has never sent men into our hollow before." It said. I spoke, "He's in trouble. Up at school, there've been attacks. They think it's Hagrid. They think he's opened the Chamber of Secrets. Like before."

"That's a lie! Hagrid never opend the Chamber of Secrets!" Aragog said. "But if Hagrid never... that means... you're not the monster." Harry said. "The monster was born in the castle. I came from a distant land, in the pocket of a traveler." Aragog explained. "Guys..." Weasley whimpered and I harshly shushed him.

"But if you're not the monster, what did kill that girl fifty years ago?" Potter asked. "We do not speak of it! It is an ancient creature we spiders fear above all others." Aragog said. "But have you seen it?" I asked. "I never saw any part of the castle but the cupboard in which Hagrid kept me. The girl was discovered in a bathroom. When I was accused, Hagrid brought me here."

Ron tugged on my sleeve. "What?" I snapped annoyed. He pointed up and I saw a bunch of spiders crawling down towards us. "Well... thank you. We'll just go..." I said. "Go? I think not. My sons and daughters do not harm Hagrid, on my command. But I cannot deny them fresh meat when it wanders so willingly into our midst. Goodbye, friend of Hagrid." Aragog said.

"Can we panic now?" Ron whimpered. Spiders started surrounding us and we took out our wands. "Know any spells?" I asked. "Just one, but it can't take all of them." Harry said. "It was nice knowing you two." Ron said. Then a car horn beeped. A blue car drove in and ran over several spiders.

"Let's go!" Harry said and we got in the car. I was driving while Harry was in the passenger seat and Ron was in the back. I hit the gas pedal and drove out of there. "Excuse me! Sorry! Excuse me ma'am! I think you're a ma'am, I don't know!?" I yelled as I ran over more spiders. We got out of there quickly and I stopped the car.

"How do you know how to drive a muggle car?" Harry asked. "I don't know, it was in the heat of the moment." I answered. Then all of a sudden a spider grabbed Harry and we all screamed. I flipped open (Y/N)'s switch knife and stabbed the spider then it scurried away.

"Thanks for that." He said. "Don't mention it." I said flipping the knife close then put it away. "You might want to drive because there's a heard of spiders crawling our way." "Then in that case." I said then hit the gas pedal a zoomed out of there. "There! It's the only way out!" Harry said pointing at a small gap between two fallen trees.

I hit the acceleration at went faster but Aragog blocked the only exit. "Don't suppose this car flies?" I asked. "It does but it's broken." Ron said. Harry shifted the gears as the spiders drew closer and we took off in the air. We barely avoided Aragog and flew back to Hogwarts.

"Harry, you magnificent idiot!" I beamed. "Thanks?" He said confused. We landed and we all got out of the car and it drove back into the forest. "'Follow the spiders'! Follow the spiders'! If he ever gets out of Azkaban, I'll kill Hagrid. I mean, what was the point of sending us in there? What have we found out?" Weasley said.

"We know one thing. Hagrid never opened the Chamber of Secrets. He was innocent." Harry said. "I told you so." I responded. "This isn't the time for 'I told you so'!" "It's always the time for 'I told you so'!"